FL3AC review by Cole Clark

Cole Clark: FL3AC

Price paid: A$ 1850

Purchased from: Private Seller

The Cole Clark face brace pickup system stays true to sound, and in combination with a processor (Boss GT-10 by choice) it can produce some beautiful effects. Percussive playing comes through clear and raw plugged in is still fantastic, very true to the sound this guitar was meant to produce.

I play primarily acoustic renditions from many different genres and try to make them my own. If it were stolen lost, I would use a very particular set of skills to recover it. Too many favourite features to list here. Compared to a mate's Maton EM100C (which cost $1300 more) and we both agreed on the superiority of my instrument.

As mentioned before, strap pins are the only issue.

The only fault I can find with this guitar is that the strap pins occaisionally come slightly loose, though this is possibly due to my choice of strap. The action of this guitar is low enough to never cause hassle, and picks up hammers and pull-offs tremendously.

Australian made beauty. All solid wood, tasmanian blackwood back and sides, bunya top, ebony fretboard. Beautiful satin finish with inlays around the soundhole, on the edges of the face and nice curved block inlay in the fretboard. This dreadnought guitar is one of the finest instruments I have ever had the pleasure to play, in fact I'm still in disbelief that I own it. Truly a beautiful performer's instrument.