GX Narrow Neck review by Composite Acoustics

Composite Acoustics: GX Narrow Neck

This guitar is great for flatpicking, fingerpicking, and strumming. I enjoy playing blue this guitar has very nice top end tones and overtones to make licks sound really pure. I think it sounds bright and would compare it to a Taylor. The GX seems to have good bass as well. I play it through a 45w Genz Benz and it can do everything.

The GX is the guitar of the future people commonly rip on composite because they sometimes lack the wood tone. This guitar has bracing and a sweet little preamp. The durability is out of this world and it has a lifetime warranty. Check out CA guitars and look into the history the company was made by a NASA worker.

The durability is what separates the GX from other guitars. Forget about humidifiers because there is no wood on this baby. At the expos at NAMM they actually play these under water to prove this point. I would expect this guitar to be in great shape for years, decades.

The action is low which I prefer. The guys at CA set them up to a standard action, every guitar leaves with the exact same setup. The finish is one of the best I have seen. One precaution is that it scratches pretty easy so you will need a pickguard. Its playability and finish are top of the line.

The Composite Acoustic GX by Peavey is an all carbon fiber grand auditorium guitar with a sharp cutaway. My guitar came with the Fishman Prefix Plus T, although it is available with the Aura preamp as well. A great aspect about the GX is the carbon fiber neck, which is guaranteed to never need any adjustment (no truss rod). It has great projection and the durability is truly amazing.

Cannibal Koala
    To be honest, I'd like a little more longevity in a review, especially when it's a review on such a pricey instrument. How's the neck feel? What's the set up on it like? (ex. Measurements) Does the carbon fiber neck make a difference in sound as compared to a similarly priced guitar?
    COREYTAYLOR721 wrote: I payed $2,200 by the way it didn't show up on here. I was in a bit of a hurry while writing this so ask me if you have any questions.
    If you were in a hurry, couldn't of you waited a little bit for a little leisure time so that you could give a well put together review? I mean, there are some extremely bad grammar errors within the review that could of been fixed with just a rereading of the whole thing to make sure that it was right. Just my $.02.
    Air_Stryker
    That is without a doubt the sexiest acoustic I have EVER seen =D Loving the idea of a CF neck too, sounds snazzy.
    Andragon
    You're supposed to put Peavey as the manufacturer and Composite blah blah as the product...
    COREYTAYLOR721
    Andragon Composite Acoustics is the manufacturer. Peavey bought out the company, however, it is still CA guitars. Cannibal Koala I honestly think I included answers to a couple of those questions within the review. There is no way to save an unfinished review it appears; in the future I will make my reviews longer. My main purpose was to get the message out there that these guitars are available and sound good. Before going to the shop I had never heard about them. peace.
    caseharr33
    This guitar is way over my playing ability for the price, but its very pretty
    L2112Lif
    When I do a review I write it in Textedit or Open Office first so I can save it and proof-read it. People don't like how conversational my reviews can be, but they're similar to what I read in Guitar World (But sometimes brutally blunt). What kind of bridge is it? Whats the deal with the tuners? Controls on the preamp? How many outputs? Are those outputs XLR or regular 1/4"? Its cool that it isn't made of wood, but a guitar is more than just the wood (Or lack thereof).
    COREYTAYLOR721
    All Composite Acoustically Tailored construction for ultimate tone, durability and versatility 14 fret to the body Carbon fiber neck for consistent playability (no truss rod adjustments needed, EVER!) Slender ergonomic design, voiced to extend low end response 15 degree headstock pitch Available with 1.75" nut width or new "Narrow Neck" 1.69" nut width Impervious to climate for consistent performance, wherever you go Available with the Fishman Prefix Plus T or Fishman Aura pickup/preamp systems Center sound hole with abalone sound hole ring Performance tuned lightweight carbon fiber bracing Ultra-precise tuning machines with 15:1 ratio Proprietary Reinforced Polymer Fretboard with 20 medium stainless steel frets, top dots & side dots Rigid one-piece neck/body construction for long-term stability Handcrafted in the USA by skilled technicians and craftsmen Proprietary carbon fiber bridge and saddle materials for maximum sound transfer Should have included more specs, I know. As for the body and overall tone I think composite have a reputation for a weaker and thinner sound with less warmth. This guitar has the tone that changed my view on possibilities with carbon fiber and guitars. It sounds much like a Taylor with more low end. No buzzing across the board. Hope this helps.