C5-CE review by Cordoba

Cordoba: C5-CE

The sound is perfect for classical and some Folk music, which is what I play in addition to metal. It has a very deep sound when played over the soundhole, with a very trebley sound when played near the bridge. The only way to get variety from the sound would to be playing it in different ways (Nails, flesh, pick, etc.). The pickup isn't noisy and sounds good.

This guitar is a great match for classical and Folk players, and is recommended for players of either style, but mainly classical. If someone stole it, I would find the thief, and get my guitar back from them. I wouldn't go out and buy it again, unless it got damaged beyond repair, because I got a huge discount when I bought this one. The standard price is hundreds higher then what I bought it for.

I've played one gig with this guitar, and the only guitar problems were figments of my imagination. It worked perfectly, it stayed in tune, even with a capo on the third fret. I bought this guitar used and it was slightly banged up, but despite the injuries very well. The finish seems to have worn a bit. I would definitely use this guitar for a gig without a backup.

The action is slightly high, but it isn't a problem unless you are trying to play Necrophagist solos on the high frets, and yes, I have tried that. Other then the action, there are no flaws with the guitar, the intonation, nut, finish, tuning pegs, etc. are all fine. The knobs on the electronics are very tight, and will not come loose.

This guitar was made in an unknown year, in Portugal. There are 19 frets, and they all sound fine, with no buzzing. The neck is wide, for classical playing. It has a cut-away body, which makes it extremely easy to reach the top frets. The electronics are high-quality, with high control over the sound. The pre-amp was manufactured in Vaajakoski, Finland. The tuners are very stable and solid, the guitar can stay in tune for very long periods of time.