AD 850 CE review by Cort

Cort: AD 850 CE

Purchased from: Ipswich Music

I had been looking for an Acoustic guitar for a few months and one day I saw a kid in an after school program playing a basic Cort Acoustic guitar. I immediately knew that this was the guitar for me simply because of the sound, it is everything I wanted it to be, perfect. It has a brighter sound to it, definitely not mellow, but when I tune it to E flat it doesn't sound odd. (This is for right out of the box though, you can always change the strings) I've used it live, plugged in and miked, and it sounds great. I even plug it into my Vox Valvetronix from time to time and play some rock tunes with the gain up, even that sound good, no lie. I play everything and it can do everything.

I like playing everything - John Mayer, Eric Clapton, Stone Temple Pilots, and 311. I always write my songs on it from country instruments to pop tunes. I would compare this guitar to a Yahama F-Series. As for me, I would definately buy this guitar again. I am big Cort fan now. For the price, there is absolutely nothing like it.

Unfortunately, one day I picked it up off the floor too fast and hit it on my futon's metal-framed. I was very upset but there is only a small dent on the head thats blends in well. As for everything else, I have had no wiring or electric issues of any sort. I've used it live, plugged in and miked, and it sounds great. Very dependable and ready to go for gigs.

Ready to go. Strings on it and everything. Everything seems tight & solid, I never had to adjust anything. The action is very good but not perfect. Nothing needed to be adjusted until late November due to the cold's effect on the neck. The only flaw, and it only seems to be on mine, is the way the spruce top wood has too distinctive different wood colors. One half is darker than the other half. Beyond that it looks absolutely beautiful with Mahogany sides, a Mahogany back, and nickel tuners and frets. Someone did point out to me that the bridge doesn't seem to be on all the way, but it seems right to me because it has always been like that. Just keep an eye on the bridge when you go to purchase this guitar. Take a piece of paper and try to put it underneath the bridge.

My Cort is an acoustic-electic cutaway. Solid spruce top - natural stain - with Mahogany sides and a Mahogany back. Comes with a basic 3-Way EQ Pre-Amp by Cort - treble, middle, and bass. The tuners are stock and covered.

etolkien
    Here we have an obsession with fail reviews. The review is good, the boy says that a friend pointed that the bridge doesn't seem to be on all the way, this is an opinion, who knows if this comment is right or wrong (or jealousy) or this friend likes the ultra-low action (that is bad for sonority in an acoustic guitar). The important thing is that the user is comfort with the bridge. Common man, don't compare a Tanglewood with this Cort, I have a Cort AD 850 (no cutaway, no electrics) and sounds like the angels. This guitar deserves a high notes in reviews because the excellent relation quality-price. Smashing pumpkings sucks
    HowIshotguitar?
    LOL Fail review is fail, how can you give guitar a 9 if the bridge isn't in place? Also you can get a mid-range tanglewood for the same price, So there is in fact something like it.