AD 850 CE review by Cort

Cort: AD 850 CE

Price paid: € 110

Purchased from: Store

It's actually the Cort AD 810 I have, but those are kinda the same. It is a really good guitar for the starters. It's a really good guitar because it's hand made in Indonesia. Solid top with a thin neck and I think it has 22 frets but no cut out so it is hard to play way up there it's okay because I usually only play songs around a camp fire which is just cords. It have no electronics, but that doesn't matter to me. It came with a fabric case so I brought a separate so I could have it wherever I go.

The sound is great for it's price but the strings is kinda hard to tune but when they do you can tell. It has a very deep sound but still It is not to loud. The guitar have a really soft sound if you play with your hands, but still it can sound "metallic" if you using picks and make some noise and uses more power into the chords. The guitar is good for both ballads and slow songs and for rock 'n' roll/rock songs with some more sting. It depends on the strings too of course, but I think it sounds awesome.

It have just that basic regular wooden color, matted finish, very basic. I was really impressed with the finish on the guitar and the action is where I like it, not overly high so I can dig the strings a bit and not low enough to have fret buzz, you really have to give it a hard time to achieve any buzz at all. Also the hader you play it the louder it gets, which I would have thought using light strings would create some fret buzz. The guitar was set-up at the store where I bought it from, so I cannot comment on the factory set-up

I don't know if this guitar would stand up to a gig being that it has no pickup in it, If I was to install a pick I would rely on it without a backup. I have put a strap on this guitar so I can play on it when I'm standing with is really nice if you like to do that. The finish seems durable, but I don't knock my guitars around so. I have played on it for 4 years, and it still looks the same. It's dependable and I will have it until it breaks or I give it away to my children and I will learn them how to play:)

Play a lot of soft and hard ballads, both with picks and fingers. The feeling when you play is great, it's made for the human body. This guitar seems to be made for me, it fits my style perfectly. The tone-woods and the materials that Cort have chosen are flawless, for the price you can't get anything better. I like playing my own stuff on the this and that is about it. When ever I have an idea I first consult my trusty Cort to write me a song and then go from there. This was my first guitar so it is special but if it did get lost or stolen I am sure I would buy a different guitar. My favorite feature is the fact that it is just so durable I love this guitar as a starter any one starting needs this guitar.