AF510E review by Cort

Cort: AF510E

Purchased from: used

This is a nice Indonesian laminated top, mahogany-body and neck, electro-acoustic guitar. It looks better than it sounds but it is a great guitar for a beginner. The controls are Cort brand and sound to crisp to my liking, but can be bearable if equalized. It has nice metal tuners, good neck width (not to big, not to thin). Has 3 band equalizer and built in tuner, which doesn't work that well either. I think they described it as a concert smaller guitar, but it doesn't look concert to me, and doesn't sound concert definitely, it is more dreadnought. I bought it used and it didn't came with any other accessories.

This guitar sounds crisp and its ok for a dreadnought type guitar, but as someone already reviewed, the preamp sounds way to crisp, needs adjustment. It sounds better without connecting and it has a pretty decent sound, not to rich or full but enough to do the trick and appear as a better mid range quality guitar. It isn't noisy, nor makes strange sound. Yet it is pretty loud but has no full sound. It doesn't has a lot of variety, it has only bright sound which is not bad, but it isn't versatile enough to play more styles.

The action is really low which I like, I bought it used, so I really don't know if it came that way. It appears it has no flaws, and it looks really good. The frets are big enough, I don't know exactly if jumbo, but they aren't definitely small. The pre amp need adjustment to sound a little less bright. The construction is well, but not amazing, for the money I think it is better made than some other brand guitars which cost the same or a little bit more. It has no flaws, and it plays pretty fast. It is light which make me wonder if this gives it the bright sound and the neck is really firm.

I think this guitar can last if taken well care of, it's back and sides are open pore mahogany so many think it can be damaged easily. I own another open pore Wahsburn mahogany classic guitar and it has withstand a lot of damage, so don't worry about this. The tuners are metal which are nice and will last. What will probably won't last is the nut which both, bridge and neck look like plastic made, and strings have made dents on them. The strap button is plastic to and the battery holder appears a little loose, but I don't think it will come off or something. As I said before this guitar could be used in a gig and appear like a better guitar of what it really is, you can depend on it, but if I were to give an important concert I would probably want a fuller and richer sound.

I think this is a good guitar for beginners and pop/country songs. I use it for that and I'm happy with the purchase although if stolen I would probably not buy it again, unless I found it even cheaper. I love the looks, its cheap and it doesn't sound horrible. I compare it to Ibanez and Fender electro-acoustic and I think this guitar wins in the money/quality ratio over the budget models of those brands. I bought it to have a workhorse that I could lend to anyone and not be worried about someone damaging a high budget guitar. I think I got more than what it costs and looks awesome.