Earth 100F review by Cort

Cort: Earth 100F

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Muso's Corner

I play a mix of stuff, a lot of soft rock and heavier rock. I use my Washburn for the heavier stuff but this is great for the soft rock stuff. I use my guitar with a Laney LX12, which is pretty good without the gain on. When gain is put on it gives probably the heaviest Bass sound I've heard in my life. This guitar gives a great nice crisp sound that I love hearing time after time.

Though this guitar is no Maton, Cole Clark, Gibson or Martin, for the price of this instrument it is worth its money. I would most definetly buy this guitar again but maybe in the model to be even more impressed with the guitar. Other guitars I compared to before buying was Tanglewood and Takimine and Fender before I bought the guitar and nothing was like this guitar for the price.

I don't have a strap button on my guitar which gets annoying at times but I can live with out it and wil have to because I'm ot drilling holes in my guitar to put a drill button on. Though this guitar is durable and has survived plenty of knocks and bumps I'm never going to put it in a gig bag because I love my guitar so much. This guitar is dependaple and reliable and always will be loved.

The action on this guitar is incredibly low but still gives that crisp sound. The guitar came with no regrets and did not need any fixing up. Promise to be impressed. If anything the guitar strings should be higher for a more beutiful sound.

This Dreadnought style guitar features a Solid spruce top, a Mahogany back and sides, and a Rose wood fretboard. The top is laminated. It also includes a Fishman Classic 4 EQ with Pre Amp. The controls on it are Treble, Mid, Bass, Brilliance and Volume. Definetley better than my first guitar, some cheap guitar from who knows where.

SeanPatrickG
    Hi Guys Sean Here Im from Johannesburg South Africa and I went to a few the Local Guitar music shops. Looked for my perfect Guitar for the cash I had went to one shop and found one I liked it happened to be a court. At the shop I Played all the guitars and everyone said for the price the Cort was the best. There were around 100 guitars in the shop Gibson, Taylor, Ibanez, Fender etc. All the Guitars in the price range didnt compare to the Cort Earth 100F. The only Guitar close to the price range which sounded better was a Taylor and it was more than double the price of the Cort. The other Guitars that sounded better were much more than that. Well I left with it and 3 years later I'm still happy with it. Only I need a professional setup now, as I did the last one myself now the action is a bit higher. The strings sit between 4mm and 5mm on the 12th fret it was just below 3mm and 4mm before at the 12th fret, so the review above is pretty accurate only for the sound I would give it a 10 for the price and a 7 compared to the best guitars $2000 and up an 8 compared to Guitars $1000 and up and a 9 compared to Guitars around $600 and up the Cort Earth goes for around $300 I see on the net but there in SA we pay around 25% to 50% more for music gear we really get ripped off in Africa compared to USA and Europe. I wish the manufacturers would allow more dealers in South Africa or control the price of music gear. Anyway remember with Guitars one point can make all the difference in the sound. So a 7 rating sound for a $300 guitar compared to a 10 rating for a $2000 guitar is a big difference sound wise but price wise its a humongous difference especially when you dont have $2000. And most other guitars probably over 90% in the same price range would only get a 5 rating. Hope my review comment helps you decide what guitar to buy. Never buy a guitar from an online retailer unless youre willing to send it back if you dont like the sound. I would never do this as 10 guitars from the same manufacturer in the same range can all sound slightly to vastly different from each other. And most guitars need a set up or string change etc if they are not custom made. And in a shop you can put a custom set up into the deal. Haggle a bit it will be worth it in the short and long run and when you need to service your guitar you have someone you know to take it to. PS if anyone wants to give me a guitar as a present and mail it to me contact me on SeanPatrickG@Yahoo.com Thanks and God Bless.