Earth 70E NS Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 11/24/2010 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Cort: Earth 70E NS
 8.4
 8.2
 8.6
 12,032
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Earth 70E NS Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 24, 2010

Purchased from: Matt's Music South Africa

Features: This Dreadnought style guitar features a Solid spruce top, a Mahogany back and sides, and a Rose wood fretboard with 20 frets. The top is laminated. It also includes a Fishman Classic EQ with Pre Amp. The controls on it are Volume, Tone and Bass. It has non-Locking tuners but they don't go out of tune at all, even with hours and weeks of playing. Very impressed. // 9

Sound: I play a total mix of music, my language is Afrikaans so I like Folk mostly. Rock, Blues and soft rock. But mostly rythm. I play with medium strings, and the guitar is a little soft, really have to play it hard to be heard among your friends thats also playing. Bit has a very rich and full warm sound to it, some of the best I have played so far. One can really "feel" the music when played. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory set-up was ok I guess, couldt find a problem with that, pickups wasn adjusted at all but it doesn't need a rocket scientist to do that. But the finish overall is outstanding, can't find an problems with it. It came with Light strings but I found that playing with medium realy makes a much better difference, much Warmer and Rich, the only downside is that the strigs is a litte bit hard to push down than my previous guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand a whole gig easily. I really have alot of trust in this guitar. The strap buttons on it is very solid and wont be worried about them. It can also take alot of beating, I have bumped it a few times and it really doesn't show on it at all. I love it. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is really amaizing! I would play one of these forever. Its not a Gibson or Crafter but it really gives them a go for their money. The look of the guitar is also very unique, nice Vintage look, sound and veel to it. Some of my friends with gibsons love my guitar. Its a champion underdog. // 8

Comments