MR100F Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 12/08/2009 category: Acoustic Guitars
Cort: MR100F
This is a good guitar for any type of acoustic style you want to play. It is great value for money.
 8.5
 8.6
 8.3
 5,244
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
MR100F Reviewed by: TomW13, on december 08, 2009

Price paid: A$ 399

Purchased from: Cheapa Music Tamworth

Features: This guitar was made in 2008 'handcrafted in china' (I don't see why that's anything to gloat about). 20 frets on a 25.3" scale. Mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. Solid Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides with a satin finish. Dreadnought with Venetian cutaway. It also has a Fishman Classic 4 with Sonicore. Stock tuners. Unfortunately, no extras. // 8

Sound: This suits my style perfectly. I play many different styles from rock to blues, classical to metal (Metallica-esque metal. not death or shred) and it can do all of them quite well. The sound is a tad thin, but still very good. When you plug it in, it gets a bit noisy but then again my Kustom Dart 10 I use it with has a tendency to feedback once you get past 7 o'clock on the volume. But when I took it round to my friends place, he had a great little Acoustic amp and it just made this guitar sing. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is great. You can pull barre chords off very well. There is one buzz on the 16th fret 3rd string. The tuners hold tune very well, they only go out of tune if you play to hard or hit the headstock on something. There are a few minor nicks in the finish and the binding around the neck isn't perfect but isn't so bad as to make the guitar look unloved. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would easily hold up to Live playing. I have dropped it on more than one occasion and it's still in tip-top condition. The hardware will last unless you intentionally try to damage it but the tuners aren't to crash-hot. The finish has held up vey well and will likely continue to. I would not use it without a backup, thats just stupid, but it will survive the rough and tumble of a regular pub gig. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a good guitar for any type of acoustic style you want to play. It is great value for money, I doubt you'd find a better guitar for it, I was stunned when I learned how much it cost. I would definitely buy it again if it were stolen. I love the way it sounds but its just not quite full enough. I chose this one because it sounded the best, not because of how much it cost. There was a Kayne Acoustic there but this Cort was in anothe league. I only wish it had a few extras with it but the guitar is what you're buying it for and not the extras. This is a great guitar for a beginner or a good backup for a more advanced player. If you like to play any kind of style at all, then this is the guitar for you. // 9

Comments