MR710F QB review by Cort

Cort: MR710F QB

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Music @ Melbourne

I play prog metal mainly, but also dabble in soft rock and finger style playing. I often record this guitar and prefer it to my clean electric playing and it has a wonderful natural tone to it. With an amp the Fishman is able to deliver a dull/muffed sound to a bright warm brilliance. I only sometimes use reverb/delay/chorus when I play because I truly enjoy the pure unadulterated sound I get from the Cort. my friends often comment on how great the Cort is compared to model far more expensive to it. barely any noise unless you have super shitty leads or just can't play haha. I'm giving the Cort an 8 however, because even tho it's cheap, it just isnt as beautiful as some of the taylors/matons I've played.

I love this guitar. I started playing guitar with my mum's old acoustic but that thing has nothing on my Cort. I've been playing 5 years and together with my softer rock side and my Akerfeldt driven Metal, it fits the bill beautifully. I couldn't have asked for a better acoustic at the price I payed, and I've even convinced some electric 'purist' friends of mine to go indulge in unplugged awesomeness. I wish I also had a 12 string version haha. that would be sweet! If anyone stole it, I'd set fire to their pets. Great Guitar.

I'd have to say that the Cort is the most reliable acoustic I've ever played. As I said before I've had it 9 months and I've never had any grief with it, it's a joy to play. I've played only one gig with it where I perform at a friend's 21st, but apart from that I take care of it in my room. I don't have a case for it either. Mind you, one thing I appreciate is the gloss finish, for it can be cleaned very easily and marks can be rubbed off. I often play standing up and I wrap a strap around the headstock and the strap lock/input. No hassle there. I haven't had the need to replace the Fishman's batteries either. The tuner is always on the money too.

I've never had any problems with intonation or action with this guitar. the action was actually set quite low but I like I that, and it hasn't given me any hassle. All the hardware is firm in place, no loose fittings, no scratches, no marks, no discolouration, tuners hold in place, hell even my pickguard is still looking ace. I'm yet to change the strings on the guitar (which came with D'Addario's) because they still sound great. I've had the guitar for 9 months now and it's still as if I just bought it.

The overall shape and look of this guitar attracted me to it. It's a dreadnought shape with a Venetian cutaway (another reason I wanted it). Body is made from solid spruce (top) and Quilted Bubinga (back/sides). The neck is mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. The spruce and bubinga look great with the gloss finish, much nicer than some other, more expensive models I also looked at. The electronics are powered via a 9v battery placed inside a Fishman Classic 4T. I'm told this is a great unti and I'm yet to have any issues with it. The onboard tuner is fantastic and easy to use, and the e.q is also great with treble/mid/bass controls as well as volume and brilliance selections. The input is located at the base of the guitar, so there's no hassle when playign with an amp. Exactly what I wanted in an acoustic guitar - as far as feautures go.

futsalman
    this guitar does sound AMAZING for 500 bucks this is probably the best priced acoustic around. Its sex
    nitromaniac
    personally i love corts but 1 thing i've noticed is the varnish round the neck,body join is easily worn and can be a bit messily glued.