MR710F QB review by Cort

Cort: MR710F QB

I never really liked the dreadnought shape, however the sound is amazing. I'm really glad I got his shape rather that a thinline or something shallower. I mostly play over a PA system where the only noise I get is if the brightness setting is way up. It has a wonderfully rich sound depending on how you like your equaliser set up. Unplugged it has a very sweet sound in the upper ranges. Accoustically whatever you need.

This is an excellent instrument for finger style, Folk or basically anyhting you want to do accoustically. I would definitley replace this guitar with something in the same line if were damaged. Although the size of the body is a bit unwieldly as with all dreadnoughts, the sound definitely makes it worth it. Of course there are better guitars out there I.e. The Martins, etc., but for the price, you can't do better. I bought it for about R1800 in South African rand.

I've played this guitar for 8 years. No neck warp or bridge lift to report. And this guitar has travelled. I've had to add a strap button to the neck position as I don't like to attach a strap to the headstock. This guitar has not let me down yet. The battery indicator light alerts you top when the battery needs to be changed.

The guitar was setup up with 11 gauge strings wich I immediately changed to 10's. The action became slightly higher but a revisit to the shop fixed that easily. It allowed for a very nice low action with no buzz. The smooth cutaway allows excellent access to the upper scales. The pickup battery fitting is a bit loose to my liking but it hasn't popped out in 8 years. The joint between the neck and the body hasn't cracked, however the glue resideu is visible as a thin white line. Overall finish very good. A nice touch is the mother of pearl "fleur-de-lis" inlay in the headstock.

I bought this fantastic guitar in 2001. Excellent Fishman pickup with 3 band equaliser with brightness setting. Satin finsh, rosewood fingerboard. Cutaway dreadnought shape that's nice and deep. Jack input incorporated into the back strap button. Nice touch.

AlexAngus
    Cort acoustics are underrated. I tried mine out against similarly priced fenders et-al but the Cort shone through. The Fishman pickup in brilliant. I play in an acoustic covers duo once or twice a week. My bandmate has a 2 Matons and even he says the Cort sounds better. Very rugged guitar too - it gets knocked around and keeps on going.
    DonRoos
    I have had one in Quited Bubinga for about 2 years now. I play it more than my Ibanez 12 String and Electric and just love it. It can be played as an acoustic and has a great warm tone even with the equalise centred. It can also be played as an electric using power chords and her it has an incredible tone that can't be matched by my other guitars. I play it into my Laney Acoustic amp mostly but have played it through a DI box into a mixer on a few occations. Every sound engineer has commented on the tone that it generates and love to EQ it.
    charlieandrews98.ca
    I have the ABW (all black wood) edition. Played every guitar in the shop i bought it from, and this one really stood out. Love it so much, such a great guitar.