MR710F SE NAT review by Cort

Cort: MR710F SE NAT

Basically it is the best sound out of all the guitars around this price range in the shop. Compared to my Washburn D10S its sound is brighter with much less bass and warmth. This could be due to its new characteristics and I will update this review once its aged a bit. I plugged it in to my Peavey amp and on the cleanest setting I could find it sounded great. I was totally surprised at how well it sounds plugged in.

I've been playing a while now and seemed to collect an Epiphone Riviera P93 (my most played guitar and I love her to bits), the Washburn D10 which would have been 'it' if it had a cutaway. I was drunk and bought a Washburn Rover when I was travelling, which is the most crappy thing I have ever played. If 'Cortney' was lost or stolen I would firstly be angry, and then get a different guitar. One last thing... Before you buy a guitar please look at Cort guitars on Wikipedia. The company treated their Korean workers pretty bad, one in 2007 burned himself alive in protest and in 2008 the entire factory went on a 30 day hunger strike. Many guitar brands are made in the Cort Factory including Ibanez, Squier, Avalon and G&L. I therefore rate THIS GUITAR and not the company when I give it an 8.

This guitar would stand live playing, although that's not my intention. Everything is solid and working perfectly and I believe that this guitar and its components will last a long time. (At least a year as that's it's warranty). I would busk without a backup if I trusted the strings wouldn't break.

I consider the action too high for my liking but still very playable. It holds its tune very well considering how new it is, and it is comfortable to play. I love the look of the guitar. A guitar is kind of like a woman... If she looks good you'll want to play her all the time. This one looks good front and back with great finish, except a bit of messy glue on one side of the fretboard where it joins the body. What girl doesn't have the occasional flaw.

I assume the D.O.M is 2011 and made in China. Its a cutaway which is the reason I bought a new guitar, solid Stika Spruce top, Striped Ebony back and sides, glossy apart from the neck which is Mahogany and fretboard which is Rosewood. Comes with Fishman Presys - Sonicore pickup, with the amp plug in the strap holder. It has the built in tuner which is accurate, has base, mid, treble volume and "Brilliance" which I assume is tone. It came with an Aston brand hard case thrown in.