PW-370m review by Cort Parkwood

Cort Parkwood: PW-370m

Purchased from: local pawn shop in Brighton, Colorado

When I play my acoustic, I like to play a mix between fingerstyle, percussive/tapping, and well I guess somewhat of an unplugged rock sorta style. Its hard to describe my sound in words, but yes she suits my techniques and playing style well. Every once in awhile I'll plug her into my Bugera Vintage V5 tube amp and get some sweet effects from my rp255 multi effects pedal. It has an amazing versatile arsenal of tones you can get outta her. Unplugged it can get loud enough to play just about as well as a Gibson or a Taylor unplugged. It has a rich, brighter tone but can get heavier depending on how you play. It can go anywhere from deep, raw kinda tone to a rich, more creamy tone. I mean she can do it all.

I play a unique guitar style, a mix between fingerstyle, percussive/tapping, and instrumental rock. She can play my style very well, a perfect match for me personally. I have been playing seriously for about 4 years but on and and off for about 9 years. I have a Gibson SG standard, a Gibson Les Paul special, a really old nylon 6-string classical from my grandfather, a Bugera Vintage V5 tube amp with a Boss Loop Station Stomp Box and a DigiTech RP255 multieffects pedal, a little cheapy 25 watt combo amp, two frequently used keyser brand capos. One is a standard capo but the other is a drop D capo, meaning the top is cut out leaving the low E string open. If this guitar was stolen or lost I would prolly die haha but in all seriousness I would go to every guitar shop I can find til I get my hands on another just like this one. It is a discontinued guitar which is a little depressing. I love the look and feel of this guitar so much, perfect action, mind blowing looks. The one thing I dislike about this guitar is that she is discontinued. My favorite Thing about her is the sound she makes. She can just sing you to sleep with her versatile, yet fluent and beautiful tone. I was in the market for about 3 months going to shops constantly testing guitars. I came across her in town and right away I was in love. I compared her to some Alvarez guitars, a Taylor 114c, some Martins, and some Godin but for the price I personally loved this one. She was perfect in every way for $115.00, you just can't beat it. I was searching her info on the net and this particular guitar goes for about $700-$800 from individual sellers. I wish it had some kind of custom inlay along the fingerboard, that would top it all off.

It definitely handles well with live gigs. I have no issues with the hardware and I know it will last a long time. I can depend on this guitar with my life. Theoretically speaking I would most definitely take her without a backup guitar to a show but everyone knows to always, always have a back up no matter what. To me the finish is Great. I play this guitar most outta my other ones and she has no blemishes on the finish.

I have no structural problems whatsoever with her. You can barely see where the wood was glued on the inside. I have a slight problem with the g string coming outta tune often. That is really the only problem with the setup. The action on her is lower than most acoustics which i love. My fingers are long and thin so its harder to use higher action guitars haha. The finish is just so beautiful. I love it. There were no abnormal flaws about this guitar when I bought her last year and there are still none today.

This particular guitar was made in 2005 in Korea by Cort. It was made before Cort and Parkwood seperated the company. The neck is maple with an Indian Rosewood fingerboard and dot inlay consisting of 20 frets. The body is made of light natural color wood. The top is solid sitka spruce, not lamenated. The back and sides are made of solid mahagony, also not lamenated. The shape of the body on this beauty is amazing. Its an auditorium Concert style body with a single cutaway. It has a Fishman Prefix Premium S.O.B preamp with a built in tuner. It has Grover tuners. Overall I love the features on her.