JE18N review by Crafter

Crafter: JE18N

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar has a great sound, which I really needed when I purchased it as I was playing in an Acoustic duo at the time, so it needed to create a full-bodied tone as there was no other instruments backing me up. The JE18/N handled this excellently, it was usually plugged straight into the PA with minimal reverb and EQ required to get the required quality of sound. I've never had an issue with feedback or unwanted noise and I was always able to get the sound needed for any song, whether it was an upbeat number like "Town Called Malice" or something calmer like "Closest Thing To Crazy".

For the Acoustic music I play, it's hard to imagine a better guitar within this price range. I've been playing over 20 years and have owned about half a dozen 6-string acoustics in that time, this one is easily the best of them. If it were lost/stolen, I'd definitely try finding another although I doubt I'd get the same deal as when I bought this one. I always hate reading reviews where everything gets rated 9 or 10, but I'm really struggling to find any reason to mark it down in any area.

I've played loads of gigs with this guitar over the years, and it has always been perfectly reliable. I always took a backup, but it was never needed. I've owned this guitar for around 6 years now and it still plays perfectly, the finish is still solid and even after countless gigs & practice sessions the frets are hardly worn.

This guitar was well set up when purchased and I've never found any flaws with it. Everything about it makes it feel like a much more expensive guitar, which technically it is - even though I paid 225, this was a discounted price and the RRP for this model was 350 at the time.

Purchased in 2005, this guitar features a solid Cedar top and rosewood back & sides with a 20 fret mahogany neck and has a jumbo cut-away style body. The detailing on the fretmarkers is a particularly nice feature and the natural colouring is beautifully finished with with a satin finish. It comes fitted with a good quality active pre-amp which includes 3-way EQ, volume and "scoop" controls.

Ibeanez
    It's been a long time since I've even heard the name Crafter. Glad you like it.
    GaryBillington
    It's been a long time since I've even heard the name Crafter. Glad you like it
    Really? Most of the guitar shops I go to stock them, so do a lot of the online stores I've visited. You even see them on TV occasionally being played by famous musicians. I've always thought they were one of the leading acoustic brands. Their electric guitars (branded 'Cruiser') are crap though.