ML-Rose review by Crafter

Crafter: ML-Rose

Purchased from: Drome Sound Schenectady NY

The guitar has a very wide range of sound. It sounds very full and sings at low volumes. You can play very loud, clear lead lines as well that sound very sweet. Overall the tone of the guitar is sweet and dark with exceptional balance throughout the range. If you play it harder, it takes on more of a mountain sound with a bit of twang on the low E string, and playing towards the bridge the sound sparkles and cuts without becoming harsh. The sound was why I bought this. I was never a fan of fancy inlay, but the tone of this guitar is exceptional, easily comparable or better than a Taylor, except not as bass heavy as the Taylor.

I play a mix of fingerpicking, lead, and chord accompaniment. This guitar is exceptional for fingerpicking and very sweet in all playing styles except very heavy/energentic folk or rock rhythm. 16 years playing. Also play Guild 12-string, Rick electric, Jay Turser JTB-134 bass, Vantage bass, no-name upright bass. If this guitar were stolen, I would take it as a matter of fate and probably wouldn't get another, but I would seriously consider another Crafter acoustic. The thing I like best about it is the rosewood back and sides which affects the tone much more than I previously thought. Again, I compare the tone to Taylor, and it is no exaggeration. I wish it had come with an upper strap button, and had come with a case which I would have bought with the guitar.

It's a good solid guitar. I won't be playing it heavily/exculsively, and for some peices that require heavy strumming I would switch to a 12-string. I think it will hold up well so long as it is not abused. I sweat heavily at times so I have to take care to keep this guitar clean after gigs or the finish will suffer.

Set-up from factory is very low and fast. Just a touch too low for the low E string as it rattles slightly when you dig into it, which some people may not like. I've decided not to adjust it, to encourage me not to play hard rhythm on this guitar and thereby chew up the nice moonphase inlay. Pickup is smooth and even. One other flaw, the first fret sticks out a bit so I've snagged my finger sharply when playing an F on the high E string and moving up. No other flaws.

2006 Crafter ML-Rose acoustic/electric 6-string. Cutaway solid topped electro acoustic with decorative fretboard inlay. Crafter is an originally Korean brand.

bb9570
    Just purchased my ML-Rose acoustic electric about a week ago. Great sound and easy to play. Sounds good with or without an amp. Very happy with my purchase.
    lizziej
    This guitar is Beautiful and sounds amazing.! I have other brand guitars of great quality,. But I find myself playing this one more daily Just love the crispness of the tone. Took it to the Pub to play out the other day and folks were in awe...The company was a pleasure to work with when I needed a label for the inside of my guitar... They literally went out of their way to get one manufactured for me free of charge.!. Now that is customer service above and beyond ‼️Crafter rocks in every way,. Will buy again❗️
    CustomCustom
    Shinoda_Ex
    CustomCustom wrote: They play and look nice for the $ one store around here carries them, I think they are like a division of Tokai.
    Actually, they're under Hohner.
    Emster 23
    hmmm no review of ML-Bubinga, same but with bubinga back and sides. Got it in Bangkok about 9 years ago, then price was about $430. Not the loudest on the block, but balanced and such lovely wood. I did something recently I liked, which was to get some ball end nylon strings. Works just fine, little bit of sticking in nut, but I already had plenty of steel string acoustics. It is now just about one of my favorites. Nylon seems to have more expressive qualities, and this honey is really nice with them.