Exotica review by Dean

Dean: Exotica

Purchased from: Chris' guitar shop

The Exotica can be played in all acoustic situations. My favorite is solo numbers with a blues style backround. The volume is great and the sound is even as sweet plugged in as by its self.

I play rock/blues and acoustic numbers I can do all this in some sences. I have played for years I enjoy my time with my instruments, I own a les paul gold top, an I Banez SA series Transparent Amber, and the Dean. I would be upset if it was stolen I would get the same thing but it would have to meet my standards. I can outplay most of the top names like Taylor and Martin, even if they were of a higher price.

Live play is the best for this instrument I have played it live, and I was told the tone was amazing. Grover tuners are the best I am sure they will withstand the years to come. I had to put a starp button on my guitar but the origianl button has never let me down. The finsih will hold for years to come.

Everything seemed to be in place when I got the guitar and it really hold up well. I am a stickler for my instruments. They must have the right sound or I will not play them. The pickup amazed me Dean makes a fine pickup. The action was perfect I had a pro look it over for me and he said if I were to move the actuion one way or the other it would not be perfect.

This guitar feature a flamed maple top, grover tuners, spruce neck with a rosewood fretboard, the inlays are mother of pearl, the matching color continues around the sound hole. It has a beautiful blonde finish. It is slightly larger than your standard cutaway guitar. It is equped with a Dean pick-up, and features 22 fret (I think).