Exotica review by Dean

Dean: Exotica

Purchased from: guitar center

It suits my style because I play a wide variety. It is best for melodic calm music however. I use a Peavey and the phaser thats built in. If you put any distortion in it it will get wicked feed back so you have to have it on clean or just play acousticly.

I play metal, rock, blues, jazz, harmony, peaceful, and a little classical. It suits the styles that are calmer and it sounds beautiful. I've been playing for about 7 years and I own a Fender squire strat, a dime Dean razorback 10k, a DR epiphone, a bc rich bich, a little Fender amp, a little Crate amp, a medium peavey, a Cry Baby Dunlop wah pedal, a Fender flanger pedal, and a DigiTech effects pedal. If it was stolen or lost I would buy a new one or track the damn thing down. I love the sound of its acoustics, hate... Nothing, favorite feature is the electric or Acoustic option.

I think it would take a live show, as long as you're not going to break it on stage. Hardware looks like it will last a very long time. The one strap button is very solid and seems like it is impossible to move around. I would use it on a gig without a back up if I was playing calm melodic music all the time. I believe that the finish is nice and durable so.. Ya

It's set up pretty good, there is absolutely no fret buzz and the neck is very slick so you can move around pretty easily. I'm pretty sure that everything is aligned properly seeing as there is no buzz or warping to the neck. There are no flaws that I've found so far.

There are 20 frets I believe, the neck is semi fat and the frets are a pretty normal size for an acoustic. It is a 12 string, the body and the neck are made of ash and there is a transparent finish on it giving it a very nice Shine but also showing the beauty of the wood. There is a volume control, treble, middle, and bass because it is an Acoustic electric. It came with a case and a strap...