Exotica Quilt Supreme Review

1,537
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Exotica Quilt Supreme Reviewed by: flanmchaos, on october 02, 2007

Purchased from: Guitar Showcase Swapshop

Features: This guitar has 21 frets, a cutaway body, abalone dot inlays, abalone rosette, abalone decals, gloss natural finish, and a flame back. It has a solid sitka top, quilt maple back and sides, grover tuners, a mahogany neck, and a rosewood fingerboard. This acoustic-electric contains a fisherman preamp, but sadly, no tuner. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my style of playing perfectly (acoustic, ex: Wonderwall by Oasis), the sustain of each note is extremely long, and the tone and volume of this guitar is great. The guitar sounds even better through an amp, and probably plays better with distortion than my own electric guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great, considering I bought mine pre-set up from guitar showcase. There was absolutely no fret buzz, with just a small surface scratch on the top near the rosette. The frets, electronics, and everything were absolutely flawless. For some reason though, I have trouble barring after the 9th fret on this guitar, but that may have to do with the strings on it, which I am sure aren't light. // 9

Reliability & Durability: In my opinion, this guitar will absolutely stand Live playing, I have dented it about 4 times and each time only left a small scratch {guessing the outside is coated with some protective material). The electronics are top notch, and will last. I've never had the strap come loose. Performing with this guitar has been no problem, and the finish will last for a very long time, (its very thick). // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar can play almost any type of acoustic, and is perfect match for whatever I play. I have been playing for about one year, but taking lessons from Daniel Yarritu, and I have owned about 3 older acoustics (probably around 20 years old each), and none of them are up to par with this guitar. If this guitar were stolen, I would get something else, as I bought it for almost under half the price as the store, and I am unlikely to find it at this price again. By far the best acoustic I have played and except for the fact that it's hard to play past the 9th fret, it's absolutely perfect. The only thing I wish it had was a built in tuner, but that's negligible. // 10

Comments