Tradition review by Dean

Dean: Tradition

Purchased from: Legends Guitars

The big, mahogany body gives this guitar a rich, full sound. I like to play the acoustic Nirvana and Alice In Chains on this and it sounds great. I've noticed though, when using an amp not made specifically designed for an acoustic, that some slight background noise may occur, but nothing to hinder your sound that much. The tone knobs offer a good selection of sounds, and they are easy to access on the guitar itself.

I love this guitar, there aren't enough good things to say about it. I have another Dean acoustic, but it pales in comparison to this beast. Even if this thing sounded like crap, I would have still fallen in love with it, for it beautiful looks. Can't beat that sunburst with the lizards inlayed into the fretboard. If this thing was stolen, I would try to buy another one, but would be too sad to leave my house! Even with those small flaws, the good definitely outweighs the bad.

This guitar could take a beating, it is definitely built to last. The strap buttons could use changing, but maybe just a better strap is all that's necessary. At a gig, I would need no backup for this beaut, wouldn't even think about it. The finish is great too, still stayed nice since day one!

When I bought this guitar, everything was setup up correctly, right from the factory. Bright new strings, (even in tune). Polished up, and a free strap. The strap wasen't too good though, and ended up getting another one after I almost dropped my guitar! I get the neck alignment checked out every 2 months, and so far, so good.

This guitar is a 2006, made in U.S. The factory is actually within driving distance of my house! It has 20 jumbo frets, which is plently on an acoustic. It has a nice rosewood neck, and a big, mahogany body. It has a beatiful sunburst body, and some awesome inlays on the fretboard. It is an electric-acoustic, with a built-in tuner, 4 tone knobs, and a volume knob. The battery lasts a long time too, so no need to worry.