CEA255OFT review by Encore

Encore: CEA255OFT

Purchased from: Music 47

In comparison to the Takamine which cost 4 times the price, the sound of this budget electro-acoustic is surpringly good. For the stuff I do currently (country rock and acoustic rock) it performs pretty well thru my Marshall AR50R amp and is heard nicely alongside other instruments (usually another guitar and keboard).

I play country/acoustic rock and find this guitar handles it with fair ease. From Eagles to Bon Jovi, 38 Special and Extreme. I've been playing for about 5 years on and off but more seriously the last 3 years. I own the Encore CEA255ROFT and a Marshal AR50R Acoustic combo amp. If it were stolen, I would buy anouther as it's a good parctice/rehersal tool as well as being capable of Live use. Can't sat that I hate anything about it, I had to replace the strap as it was a little short for me, but apart from that, I've never had a problem with it. In comparison to other electro-acoustics this is a good peice of kit and would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn to play. Wish it had? Hmmm, gold tuners maybe?

As I said at the top, with the three years of almost daily playing it's had, it's hardly showing any wear to the frets, pick plate or the body. I don't think I'd replace it with anything better for the price. Used it in several "guesting" gigs with local bands and never had a problem.

"Out of the box" the guitar needed a little fine tuning, which you'd expect, but once sorted the sound was nice and full, but not overpowering, even when practicing on my own thru the amp. Feedback, even at fairly high volumes in a small room was minimal and only required small tonal adjustments to keep them same performance on stage. Over all, the fit and feel was very good for a budget madel.

I've had this lovely acoustic for about 3 years now and the sunburst finish is as good now as it was when I bought it. In fact the whole thing still looks "showroom quality" even though I use it almost every day. I bought this as a replacement for my Takamine that got stolen by a so called "friend" (jealousy is a terrible thing). Bought as a "pack" it came with strap, gig bag, picks, tuorial CD and spare strings.

Boosh-tastic
    I would agree with you on most points you have made there, i have the same guitar, but i do find the neck of the guitar to be quite thick, which sometimes makes it difficult when using barr chords. But for a simply rehearsal guitar its fantastic.
    J.J.G.
    i do find the neck of the guitar to be quite thick
    yeah I have the same impression 2.