CEA255OFT review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Encore: CEA255OFT

My style of music is generally Acoustic varieties of pop and rock music, it's a rather basic guitar and the pickups sounds rather metallic when played through an amplifier, however I guess effects settings and various other controls could sweeten the tone of this guitar. Generally the guitar is just good for beginners Who need somewheres to start on guitar, and this provides the basics for it, it has a okish sound but it's nothing to go to town on.

I play acoustic music and some rock/punk/grunge. This suits my basic needs in acoustic, it tends to work best when doing open chords than barre chords because barre chords do take quite a bit of strenght to do even with lighter strings on this guitar. This is just a basic guitar really, nothing more and nothing less. It's okay for the beginner. And it does what it can do.

I as a amature player have not played any live gigs, however after having this guitar for three years, and mistreating it quite a bit it still feels like the first time I had it, it's okay it has stayed in tune despite being hit around, I often joke to my friends that I have a tank instead of a guitar, it's a very tough guitar, not the most playable but it sure does last pretty well and isn't easily damaged.

One of the most things most noticeable thing about this guitar is the high action on it, the necks pretty thick and for that reason it makes it rather hard to play Barre chords on this guitar, I have tried to fix this problem by using lighter strings, I guess it makes some small difference however barres are still a problem and ruins the experience of this guitar, however with the idea that this is a budget guitar I guess it is okay to an extent. As I do not know much of acoustic pickups, I will say the best that I know is that the pickups do work. The finish on this guitar upon recieving it was good, and there were no flaws. was pleased.

I had this guitar as my starting guitar and I have have used it almost everyday for the last three years. It is an electro-acoustic, with a small pickup. It has tonal and volume control on the side (passive tone control, PS-900). It has 21 frets, unsure what wood but most likely a darker type of wood. The body is a dreadnought styled. Standard tuning pegs and bridge. Nothing was included with this guitar.

jaimes.higginso
    I have 2 different Encore electro acoustics. I've found that both are really good for writing songs on, or even playing small jam sessions. My problem is that when playing a gig I have to have the guitars volume on full and even then it's quieter than most other accoustic guitars. I am of the opinion that the Encore is not a performance instrument