AJ-10 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: AJ-10

Purchased from: Steve's Guitar Shop

The sound is incredible considering that I only paid 200$ at first you may think that good sound needs a hefty price. Not in this case. In the begining the sound was amazing. Then all of a sudden is sounded like every note was dead. I brought the guitar to the shop and the guy smiled and told me you need new strings. I stick with gibson string, and the guitar sounds better than my frined's 600$ Fender.

I just read another review, it's unfortunate that the store from which he bought the guitar could not keep good inventory. the guitar sounds great, it bends and has great sustain, it sounds more lively and is more fun to play than my friend's 600$ Fender. all guitars sound bad if you expect them to sound great when you start playing. I love my guitar and it carries me though, all the clapton songs including classical gas. I can't find a single flaw with the guitar. it needs only to be tuned a few times when you change the strings, then it last for a few months before the next retuning. If you're a beginner or an intermediate I doubt you need something better than this. If you do, then maybe it's not the guitar that's making the mistakes... Peace out and play on!

Let's see how could you break this baby? Dropping it, or smashing on stage. Yes, it can be used to play live. I used it for two gigs. We played "Tears in heaven" and "Nothing else matters", and the second time we played "Hotel california". The guitar was sturdier than I was on stage. It's almost always in perfect tune and as long as the strings aren't dead you'll impress the crowd. I have a tendancy to walk around my house with the guitar and it has bumped into a few walls, even with the beating I put it though the sound never changed.

The action on this guitar is swift and clean. The string don't buzz and they respond as fast as you can play them. The guitar is a jumbo size, this means that the main body is larger than most guitars. I enjoy the oversized guitars because the tone is deeper and the bass is more audible. However many people find the guitar too big for them especially if you previously had an electric. Go try it out. Don't ever buy a guitar online because it looks nice. This guitar does look great but it may not fit you. The wood finish looks just as good as it does in the store. My freinds can't believe that I've had it for a year now.

I believe the guitar is made in malasia, but I can't be sure. It has 20 frets and 6 strings. Not much of a shocker. The guitar has a great finish, the sound is excellent and the neck is one of the most confortable necks I've ever held among acoustic guitars.

amyNERD
    i have this guitar too. ive had it for a year. and its soo good. I'm never selling it or smashing it etc. sounds amazing and the fretboard isn't too wide its a geneuinly good guitar.
    wencad12
    I also have this guitar and i like it alot. it was cheap but it has an amazing sound. the only issue i had with it was that the elventh fret cant bend or else it will screech and/or mute.
    Penn100
    I have one too. Really good, considering I got mine for $99. I mainly play the electric guitar, so this one is perfect.
    Deep-Six
    USed to have this guitar, the maid let it fall and the headstock broke in have, but while it lived it was an awesome piece of wood.
    jayess007
    I found an AJ 10 Epiphone at a thrift store and the bastards want $300 freaking idiots. It's used and scratched up. What does anyone think? Let me know. Thx!
    Deep-Six
    jimmyjimbo72
    Deep-Six wrote: USed to have this guitar, the maid let it fall and the headstock broke in half, but while it lived it was an awesome guitar excellent sound and ease of use to it. I miss it.
    The same happened to me I reattached it and the guitar still plays nicely but I haven't had the time to fix the cosmetic damage.