DR-100 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Epiphone: DR-100

The guitar fills most of my needs. I wanted to bend o it so I bought extra light strings, not a good idea. Now instead of a small amount of buzzing it buzes about 15% of the time. Chords cum out good without buzzing. Power chords don't work as well lots of buzzing. All chorded songs sound good but don't try like Iron Man on it. Kirk's part in Fade Too Black sounds amazing on this guitar.

I play most rock from Poison and Kiss to Iron Maiden and Metallica it is good for most songs. Every Fose Has Its Thorn sounds good for on a 6-string. I have a Squire P.O.S and an antique Airline acoustic. I hate the buzzing but it works. I want a Epiphone Ultra or Ultra II and a 75watt Line 6 or Spyder amp so I don't have to borrow other guys amp for playing with a drummer. I also wish I was Saul Hudson, don't we all?

Well my opportunity to play Live it held up but I wasn't acting like doing much jumping around and only played the guitar a porton of the song, I switched for the parts I had too. Every thing seems solid but It will ware with normall abuse. Especiallty the Pick flemsy pick guard.

Well action is very low and there is a lot of buzzin but other than that it's ok. I've only played for 6 months so I don't no much about the set-up Other than the buzzing. I have black and it's impossible to keep clean so I don't. The only scratches are on the pick guard and back but I did that.

I am not sure what year or what country this guitar was made. Pretty sure Japan-China. I has 20 frets (about 15 you can reach). It has the classic dreadnought body. It's pretty basic. No electronics. Tuners are nice and big but I'm pretty sure there plastic.

everjump
    Got one of those for my sister as a birthday present for 150$. Yeah, quality is not high as I would love to see.Frets are poorly finished, wood on the freatboard is too dry. But as a result you get a guitar with a good sound(well, at least I got lucky with mine). It's a good rythm-guitar for a beginner, but if you're into solo-stuff try something else.
    waggygee
    Iv got one of these. Im a beginner and cant really complain about anything on it even though im sure there are better more expensive choices for you pro's out there maybe when my guitar playing becomes decent I will get a higher grade guitar (iv only been playing for just under 3 months)