DR-100 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: DR-100

The sound is excellent. It sounds alot louder than it looks. Once again, I recommend changing the strings to fit what you want. The factory stock strings sound great out of the box, but wear very easily and it wont be long until you start to get pretty severe buzzing. Great for playing Classic Rock like Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I play a pretty wide range of styles from Psychedelic, British Invasion, Progressive Rock, Alternative. This guitar has been pretty good for my needs. For it's price, I would definitely buy this again. The only problem I have with it is it has no cutaway for the top 7 frets. But I never go up there on Acoustic anyway, so it's fine.

This guitar would be awesome for playing on a street corner or small live performances. I wouldn't use it for anything bigger than that. The strap buttons are more solid than any electric I've ever owned. So there's no fear of droping it when strapped to my back. So far, I've owned it for a little less than a year and it hasn't disappointed yet.

For it's price, I don't think this could've gotten any better. The spacing between the strings and frets is fairly even from the nut all the way to the body. The only problem I have is when I got from the house in Lake Havasu, Az to the house in Orange, Ca. Going from the dry to moist climate started to make the strings buzz on the frets. But switching to Medium gauge strings from Light seems to have fixed that.

2010, Made in China, Spruce top, Mahogany body and neck, Chrome hardware, Rosewood fingerboard and bridge, 20 frets with dot inlays, Plastic bridge pins, Vintage Sunburst finish. Comes pre-strung, includes allen wrench for truss rod. I recommend replacing the strings, the stock strings are ok, but not for long.

sterochey
    My girlfriend got me this guitar for Christmas after a long long long absence from any sort of practice. (Think she liked the idea of going out with a guy in a band!)Its been so long since i picked a guitar up that my finger tips are as soft as a babies bottom from my daily paper pushing as opposed to finger plucking. First impressions were that it is an attractive guitar as i got the sunburst finish on it. However it did need to be tuned after coming home from the shop, and then again a couple days later..and a few days after that. So i agree that these guitars do need a lot of tuning but i don't find this particularly stressful so i don't really see it as a major failing for a good sturdy entry level guitar. IN a slightly related comment the beginners lessons on this website are great - definitley have a look if you are a beginner!
    sterochey
    Norse_Iron_King wrote: The pickguard has a removable plastic film so you can remove the crappy looking "e". okay guitar for the price, better than a Squier
    My girlfriend actually thought that was a "Euro" symbol and that it was on sale when she bought it - good to know its removable - cheers!
    dazebook
    I just bought one. It's decent and a good backup around the house to dink around on. I bought it used at GC for 40 bucks, the action is high but asked the dude if he could lower it and it was done in like 2 minutes aand afterwords is really playable. Put Martin lifespan coated strings on anything and it will play smooth, I haven't yet but I'd say a good buy for anyone looking for an extra piece. Or beginner