DR-100 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: DR-100

Price paid: £ 79.99

Purchased from: Internet

Really good sound for the price, sounded good out the box and the factory strings were well put on and tuned when I got it and lasted me ages before I needed to change them, really impressed. I play Acoustic stuff on this mostly, picking and strumming stuff, leave the heavier stuff to electric guitars, a great campfire guitar and seems pretty sturdy with a good full sound.

Great for usual Oasis, coldplay and picking stuff, very good overal guitar. Been playing for around a year now, lasted me well and no serious damage has been picked up and I use this guitar a lot, I own a classic guitar, SG-400 and Ukulele and I use this the most by far as its so comfortable and easy to play, I love the size of the neck and action make this a joy for the price. It somebody stole this I would probally get it again, although I may at that point invest in something more expensive, say a EJ-200CE or something, but this is a definate favorate of mine. The tuners are a bit iffy, snapped a few strings but are good for the price paid and do the job 99% of the time but ar'nt totally smooth or reliable, somethings ratchet the strings a bit too much. Definate buy for any beginners or intermediate players and really cheap, look no further!

Not really something to get up infront of a crowd with, it has no electical inputs, so you 'aint doing nothing fancy with this one, but is great for small crowds and friends. Hardware seems study enough, may replace the tuners, but probally wont as they are expensive. Strap buttons are great, although the one on the neck could be better placed to suit my playing style a bit better, I rarely use a strap anyways. Some finish has chipped off, but this is down to my mistreatment of the guitar, knocking it off stuff all the time!

Really well set up out the box, no need to change anything for months until I broke some strings. Action is excellent, no buzzing and no need to adjust it as of yet and I've owned this well over a year now. Cant really complain for the price I paid, really good.

Your standard dreadnought guitar, but with a better quality control and brand name behind it, is made by Epiphone(subsisdy of Gibson)and I think this one was made in China, although I know many come from Korea or Japan as well. 20 Frets as standard, which is pretty limiting when you need to go lower on the fretboard, but I own a SG so its ok and I think its maghoghany the fretboard. The body I think has a laminated top but the rest seems to be proper wood, mahogany and that. My Finish is the sunburst one, although you can get ebony and natural ones also, it hasnt faded at all and seems pretty sturdy and well done, so no complaints here. The bridge is standard, plastic I think. There are no electronics, a electro Acoustic version of this guitar would have been brilliant as one other guy on here mentioned. The tuners are standard chrome hardware, seem sturdy enough but not exactly Grover quality. It came with no accessories as I ordered online, for the price I think this is well above the norm, so a good 9!

HxC Cody
    I own the sunburst one and aside from it being just acoustic and not electric its a really good guitar, Perfect for people just starting out or getting back into guitar, My wife got it for me as a present for getting my band back together, I play metal on electric but when it comes to acoustic, Nothin like playin some chill "Never shout never" Style music. Guitar has held up, Paint was great, Stock strings are way better then expecting!! On top of that why the hell would you take the "E" Off that shows its epiphone, World renowned symbol, people see that they see "$$" Most epiphones are expensive, Ive played the humming bird and this stands toe to toe with it!