DR-500MCE review by Epiphone

Epiphone: DR-500MCE

Price paid: C$ 660

Purchased from: ITALMELODIE

I play mainly popular music and some blues. The guitar has a very even sound overall. Highs and mids come through quite well and the bass response is superb. Loud and man I mean loud unplugged. The spacing of the strings is sufficient to allow fingerpicking and it is marvelous for fingerpicking. It projects well. Plugged or not, it is a great guitar to play that produces a rich, full sound.

To be honest, I was not a fan of Epiphone Acoustic guitar. But after reading many forum and reviews about the Masterbilt line a decide to go ahead. All in all the Epiphone DR-500MCE is a brilliant guitar, is gig worthy, and very affordable. When it comes to bang for your buck, I'll recommend it to anybody. If someone stole this one, I would definitely consider buying another one!

This guitar is durable and can definately withstand Live playing. I believe it will last a long time. The strap buttons are really solid. This is a really reliable guitar. The sunburst finish is very strong, It withstood being smacked against a table. All the parts seem well made and well put together.

The action is near enough perfect, you can play flawlessly over the fretboard and barre chords at the 14th fret with ease. The tuners stay in tune. I can't actually see any errors yet with this aspect of the guitar. The finish is amazing, and there are no flaws in the guitar, everything is perfect

This guitar is from Epihphone Masterbilt line, it's a Dreadnought body style, built from premium all solid tone woods, model features a solid Sitka spruce top, hand-scalloped Sitka spruce braces, mahogany kerfing, a 25.5" scale rosewood fingerboard and a rosewood bridge. It also features Epiphone historic "off-set" headstock with "stickpin" headstock inlay. It has the new eSonic2 preamp system that include Master Volume, NanoFlex Tone, NanoMag Tone, Stereo Blend, Low Battery indicator and a Phase Switch to help eliminate unwanted feedback. Under the bone saddle, is Shadow's proprietary NanoFlex, low-impedance pickup. Exclusively from Shadow, the NanoMag features 3 Samarian-Cobalt magnets and an integrated active circuit to capture all the highs and lows, including a wide range of harmonics. With your choice of either 1/4" mono output blending both pickups or 1/4" stereo output splitting the two pickups, you have incredible flexibility and opportunities to create the perfect Acoustic tone live! Other features included quality vintage-style Grover Sta-Tite 18:1 ratio machine heads, bone nut and saddle, imitation tortoise pickguard, nickel hardware and a bound body, neck and headstock.

TobusRex
    I played one of these. They are heavy as sin compared to my acoustics. They sound great and play very well though. It seemed like a quality built instrument. On the other hand the controls (volume, treble, etc) felt flimsy. The buttons wiggled around kinda loosely. It scared me away.
    kjt1981
    I recently bought one. I love almost everything about this guitar except the inlays. from the playing position they look exactly like swastikas. Hence... sending it back. It's a great guitar, it plays well, good tone (even straight out of the box)... I just can't get over the Nuremberg rally effect everytime I want to pick out Dear Prudence.
    UglierTree
    So I normally don't care for epiphone acoustics and I am thinking about getting an acoustic electric to possibly replace my acoustic. Would you recommend this one? Ive only heard good things but if you had to say something was bad on it what would it be? Thank you!
    UglierTree
    ^ I would also try and get the local guitar center or music store to get one so i could try it before I would buy just for a final check
    Xomar
    epiphone acoustics are great, got my girlfriend one last year and i only go to her place now to play it