EJ-200 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: EJ-200

Purchased from: Gak.co.uk

This guitar is the best sounding in its price range and beats some of the more "big" name brands out there. Simple must be heard to belive. I compared this guitar against others in Dawson's ect. and it beat all of them, but as they were asking 350 pounds I couldn't afford it so I took the risky decision of buying off the internet, I had to get the action set up the way I like it as it did buzz but nothing a little tweaking wouldn't sort out. Sound is rich and bassy but you still get the nice bright high notes. I range from Bob Dylan to Son House and this guitar suits them all.

This guitar suits my blues/folk style perfectly, I've been playing for 3 years now I also own an Epiphone Les Paul and Vox AD50VT amp. I would definatly buy another if stolen. My favourite feature is the over all sound. One of the best acoustics out there, you won't be dissapointed.

This guitar looks and feels like it will last longer than me. I would gig with it in no need of a backup and if I did need a back up I would buy another one of these, the gold strap buttons are a nice touch and certainly do the job.

As I say the action wasnt the way I liked it when I recieved it but no other problems apart from that. The grovers hold there tune well and I couldnt find a single flaw in the finish or craftmanship.

My Epiphone EJ200 was made in 2005, no electronics, maple back and sides with maple set neck, the fretboard is rosewood with crown inlays, select spruce top, moustache bridge. Finish is Vintage sunburst. The overall appearance of this guitar is amazing, the cream binding suits the rest of the guitar and just makes it look that much more classy. By far one of the nicest looking acoustic guitars I've ever seen.