Hummingbird review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Hummingbird

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I find this guitar perfect for fingerpicking. It lays down the perfect sound for all the fingerpicking songs I've learned. The Hummingbird sounds even better with a capo. I've never heard a guitar this cheap play so beautifully. I haven't had a problem soundwise with it.

I play all kinds of alternative/indie, modern rock, and classic rock. This acoustic totally fits with whatever I play. I don't really know what I've could've asked about this guitar. I already knew a lot about the guitar before buying it. If my acoustic was stolen, I'd probably get another one or the Dove, only because it has a cool bridge. I basically love everything about this guitar. The sound is probably my favorite. I compared this guitar to a Dove. I chose the Hummingbird because of better reviews and a killer paint job. I really wish it had gold hardware, so it can go along with the strings. It wouldn't be too hard to replace them, though. All I have to do is just change the tuners.

This guitar gets damaged easily. I don't know if its the guitar or the way the other people in my house treat it, but its been damaged over the few months I've owned it. It doesn't affect its playability so its fine. The hardware seems fine so far. I've not had any trouble with it at all. If I'm gigging, I can totally depend on it, because I've not changed strings since I've gotten it and it still plays like a beauty. The finish wouldn't wear off unless if I want it to wear off. I'll soon be getting a case so it'll be fine.

The guitar was set-up fine. Then again, its an acoustic and doesn't have as much knobs or any other things to adjust, so its not too hard to mess up on the set-up. The guitar did buzz a little when I first got it but I've gotten that taken care of. I also found a messy finish job in the hole thing of the acoustic. Other than that, it plays like a beauty.

The Epiphone Hummingbird I bought was made in 2005 in Japan. Just like mostly any acoustic guitar the Hummingbird has 20 frets and its shape is the shape of a dreadnought acoustic. The top of the guitar is solid spruce and the body material is mahogany. The neck is also made of mahogany and it has a rosewood fretboard with split parrallelogram inlays. The Hummingbird has binding on both its neck and body. Its finish is a Heritage cherry sunburst. It comes with chrome hardware and it has Grover tuners. Not to mention the great design of a Hummingbird on its pickguard. Its really good for the price. This is my first acoustic, and I have to say it gets damaged easily. I don't know if its like that with most other acoustics but it surely is with this.

Sloopy
    I like this guitar a lot. Reminds me of when I was at woodstock playing acoustic guitar. My pickguard was a bit different - it was a tiger striped pickguard. My old guitar looked almost exactly the same. I think I'm gonna go buy this soon.
    KOLIN22
    just bought secondhand hummingbird luv it,needs new strings though,what do you recomend?(like some bend)
    lorrenn
    I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a black hummingbird for a good price. Im having trouble finding one online. I dont mind if its second hand.
    Hershey5
    i really don't think the black looks better than the cherry sunburst. im getting the sunburst for my 13th birthday. sux that i have to pay for half of it though!!! i just love the look of it so much!