Hummingbird review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Hummingbird

Purchased from: Georges Music

With Acoustic I play mostly anything and it sounds great, very good with Oasis, light rock stuff, blues, country, it is perfect for all of them, it suits me pefectly, it can be very loud, obviously depends on how hard you strum, overall very good sound. Very rich and full sounding, a nice bright sound.

Overall, I play almost anything on Acoustic and its really good, love the sound, especially when playing Red Hot Chili Peppers and Mumford And Sons (in particular "Snow (Hey Oh)"). I've been playing for about 2 years, and Acoustic for about 4 months, I've developed really fast even though I'm self tought and this guitar has seen me through. I wish I had asked the guys to give it a setup Canada so that screwed me up a bit. If it were stolen I probably wouldn't buy it again to be honest but ONLY because there are so many guitars that are in the same price range that I never tested, but just for sheer beauty and playability I would buy it again if I had loads of money. I love the look, pick guard, tone, playability, grover tuners, inlays and the finish, I love this guitar. My favoruite feature would be the tone of it. I tested a couple others, including a yamaha, dove and Fender in the same price range, but I loved the whole presence of this guitar, outstanding beauty and tone, it beats what I tested for sure. The only thing I wish it had was million $ bill taped to the back, other than that it needs nothing, except a setup. Overall I LOVE this guitar and to be honest I would buy it again based on what guitars I've tested.

It will definately withstand live playing with ease, you need it miced up, as its not acoustic/electric, but it sounds nice recorded, everything seems solid, I've banged it a few times and it has a minisculee chip, other than that it is great quality wood. The strap buttons are solid enough for me, they have never failed me yet. The finish is great and I've heard over time the wood gets better and the sound gets warmer so I can't wait for 5 years to come by.I wouldn't depend on it without a backup because I never take risks but I haven't had to use a backup when using this on stage, the grover tuners are amazing, they stay in tune for so long, at home I could tune it every 3 weeks, and I play everyday for about an hour and a half, they are brilliant.

I've seen some reviews say it was set up perfectly from the factory but mine was awful, the first couple weeks was fine but it needed a setup badly, it was at the stage of dead frets after a couple of weeks, I'm not brilliant with setups so I had to bring it to the music store near me and forked out another $50. But I'm not blaming the guitar for that, the music store shouldn't have charged me really, but I'm an idiot and didn't know how to setup a guitar as this was the first Acoustic I bought. The finish is excellent and the pick guard is beautiful.

My Epiphone was made in 2010 in indonesia, the Hummingbird has 20 frets and its shape is a dreadnought acoustic. The top of the guitar is solid spruce and the back and sides are mahogany. The neck is mahogany and it has a rosewood fretboard with split parrallelogram inlays. The Hummingbird has binding on both its neck and body. Its finish's are Heritage cherry sunburst, Black and Natural, mine is Heritage cherry sunburst. It comes with chrome hardware and it has Grover tuners. Its extremely good for the price. It is also so nice to look at! It didn't come with anthing though so I had to fork out another $80 for a case.

HxC Cody
    mattkendell wrote: Kear Bear wrote: I don't have a whole lot of experience with acoustic guitars but this piece of wood is very nice and warm sounding. My girlfriend has one and i play it all the time when i'm over. So you play with your girlfriend's wood?
    Hahaha Dude good shit lol