Masterbilt EF-500M review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Masterbilt EF-500M

Purchased from: zzounds.com

It is perfect for my styles. I like to play a little classical, soft rock, and praise songs, along with other stuff, but this guitar is perfect if you are playing fingerstyle and also tapping (like Trace Bundy type of music). It has a full sound that the solid woods give it, and it sounds amazing!

I play many different styles of music and I beilieve this guitar a very good match to my musical taste. I have been playing for around 3 years, I also own 2 electric guitars also by Epiphone, and another acoustic Epiphone, and Fender acoustic. if it were stolen I would probably replace it with this one or with the rosewood version. I love the feel, playability, sound and look. I wish it had a good pickup system.

This guitar would stand Live playing, as long as you aren't planning on hitting it or burining it like some people do. Hardware does seem like it will last for a long time. It only has one strap button and it looks solid (I actually prefer only one strap button). Yeah I can depend on it, and I would use it without backup as long as I had extra strings. The finish is very thin, and I hope it lasts.

This guitar was set-up pretty good, low action, straight neck, no buzzing. The guitar contains small flaws because I bought the blemished item from zzounds. But they aren't very visible unless you look for them, and they do not affect playability or sound. it's just a few dents on the wood, but they are really small.

This guitar was made this year (2008), in China like all Masterbilts. It has 20 frets, and a V shape neck (I think). Solid top, back and sides. Body is made from mahogany and it has a spruce top. Not sure of the finish. Body style, I believe is like an OM or 000. Bridge is the same (I think) as any other acoustic guitar. No electronix. are open back grover, I think they are 18:1 ratio. It didn't include anything but the guitar and the thing to tighten the truss rod.

Tulkas
    The reviewer isn't sure whether or not the guitar has a V neck or not? Can I go to Musician's Friend, write a review about every guitar they have and get paid for it? I mean, obviously owning or playing the guitar isn't a requirement. But it is perfect for his "styles" [sic]. SO a V neck or a C neck has no bearing on playability? Come one fellows.
    fifer
    I dont know what its called. I mean I can tell you that it feels good to my hand, and it fits perfectly to my palm...but if I dont know the name, then I cant tell you if its a V shape or not. it doesnt look like a V, lol...