PR-150 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: PR-150

This guitar can do pretty much anything, with a little tuning. I've used it for Lamb Of God, and classical. My music style involves playing tabbed songs, and this guitar fits the bill nicely. As I said, it will play anything. For sounds, it can be classically trained musicians Tool, or a black metal musicians Tool. From vibrato to shred, it is everything I need. My only complaint is that the 6-3 strings sound perfect, but strings 2 and 1 sound too much of a jump.

As I said before, I'll play anything you throw at me. This guitar is flexible enough to do that. I haven't played more than a year, but this has started me off and shot me up. There is nothing I wished I had asked before, because I know I would fit my bill. There really is not much to hate, except that it doesn't have a cutaway, but for $150, what do you expect? For if it was stolen, the theif would be lying 6-feet deep by now. It really is that good. I prefer acoustic to electric, and I could even compare this cheap $150 model to other more expensive models, simply because of the wide range of sounds vs. and electric. As you know by now, I wish it had a cutaway. Besides that, this is a guitar that every starter should start on. Simply the best.

This is like a freakin' tank. I have dropped this down stairs. Bashed it off walls. Hit drums with it. Still functions like a guitar should. No problem withstanding live playing. I would even depend on it without a backup if it had electronics. In my 4 moneths of owning this, rust hasen't even come near it, the finish is perfect, even after being smashed in to walls (by accident).

Perfect.

This is my first guitar, so naturally, like some starters, I bought it in a starter kit, so it came basically right from the factory, with no special tuners, strings, etc. It did, however, come with 4 picks (which I have lost), a strap, and a nice gig bag. I am pretty sure it's a maple body, with satin finish. Mine is 2-color sunburst, but there was another colour, that was that blondish colour that is on most acoustics. 21 medium frets dot, the solid maple neck. Other than that, it is pretty much a normal guitar. Though I would have liked a little more to this guitar, like a cutaway, this is a fine guitar.