PR-150 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Epiphone: PR-150

Purchased from: guitar center

At first epesially the first week that you play it the fret board starts to warp and contort but that can be fixed by tightening the nut in the fret board. The sound is great especially for playing Zeppelin and old classic songs lke the House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.

For playing clasics and fingerpicking songs like "Blackbird" by The Bettles it's great the problems come when you try to excessivly strum chords and then the body can't seem to fluctuate between high and low chords easily. The neck also seems to bend easily despite the continous tightening of the bar in the fret board.

This guitar is really made for the beginner and nt for the gu doing gigs I took it to school one day and I don't have any clue how it happened but I lost a fret and a pin. The guitar was in it's case all day. And the laminate finish especially on the back wares like crazy when playing on a hot summer day and your clothes rub on it, and the finish seems to always grab onto my chain when I walk with it and gut grooves into the back.

The guitar was great comming out of the box nothing wrong no scratches whatsoever and no damage the bridge made the strings alittle too close to the fretboard at first but I fixed that with some folded paper under it. Nothing else was bad about it then that.

This was my first personal guitar befoer this I was using my friends Fender. I bought it with a package that included a gig bag a piece of crap strap some thin picks a gig bag a tuner an informational CD about the guitar and a gig bag. The accesories where in there really just for spice they didn't do much cus I threw out the strap the picks got all jagged when I was speed picking, I used the CD as a target for my airsoft gun the only thing I realy kept was the bag and the tuner. The guitar is a large body with 20 frets and a rosewood fretboard the body is plywood it has a sunburst design on the front I do like that it did have a place to put the strap into right under the neck where it meets the body kindof like a Gibson electric does.

MikeyL95
    This was my first guitar and I bought it because it was a good price and sounded great when i played around it in Guitar Center. I previously played a little bit on my brother's old $50 off brand guitar that sounded nowhere near as good as this. I still use this guitar. It is great and I am completely happy with my choice in this guitar over some of the higher priced guitars.