PR-150 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Epiphone: PR-150

I like to play alot of Country songs and also Worship songs so this guitar is great for country and pretty good for Worship. I also like to play more Indie singer/songwritter stuff and its not so great with that because the strings are kinda slow. The sound is great and real loud not to bright though.

I've been playing for three years now and this guitar has really helped me improve I have two other Guitars one Acoustic the other eletric but I love this one the most and since I love to play Country music this is a great guitar to have. If this guitar was stolen its kinda 50/50 on whether or not I'd by this guitar again or get something eles because like I said the action is pretty high witch is the worst part about this guitar. My favorite Thing about is the sound I played about 20 other guitars and for 150 bucks this wins hands down even with the high action. I played a Yahmaha guitar that cost over thousand dollars and yes it did sound better than this guitar but not by much. This woud be the absolute best guitar if the action was lower and if it had a cutaway but other than those things its awesome.

This guitar can take some ruff play but if I were performing somewhere important I think I might just take a backup guitar. The strap buttons are great I haven't had any problems with them. The finish is thin and does wear off but I do play pretty hard and about two or more hours a day.

Now this this one of the few things I don't really like about the guitar its action is really high and I have light gauge strings on it I was learning barr chords when I got this and thought I just sucked but when I played my friends guitars I was hitting thoses chords like nobodies business. I can play the barr chords on this guitar now but its the best for beginers but other than that its pretty great.

My guitar was made in Indonesia. It has 20 frets on a Rosewood neck. Its Top is made of laminated Spruce wood, the body and neck are made of mahogany. I have the Vintage Sunburst finish so its black and orange. Its a Dreadnought guitar so no cutaway. The bridge has bridge pins.