PR-350CE review by Epiphone

Epiphone: PR-350CE

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

I play mostly acoustic rock, Dave Matthews songs, and Praise and Worship in my church on Sundays. It sounds great through the sound system every sunday. I think it sounds best through a PA because I did an outside church service and we had a PA and it was better than inside the sanctuary. Unplugged, it is loud and sounds good. A warm sound is produced from the dreadnought shape. I only gave it a 4 because I have played some Taylors and Martins and they are the only ones worthy of a 5.

This was my first acoustic/ electric guitar and it suited my playing well for awhile. Now I think I will save up for a nicer guitar (like a Martin or a Taylor). If you are looking for an average acoustic/ electric, then this is the guitar for you, but if you think you will want to upgrade later, you may just want to upgrade before you buy a cheaper acoustic/ electric.

This guitar has and will continue to withstand live playing for a long time hopefully. I have played it in church nearly every sunday for the past year or so. I have hit it pretty hard on the corner of a table by accident and only a peice of the gloss chipped off (thankfully on the back of the body). It seems pretty solid.

I have not gotten it adjusted after I recieved it, which scares me because the strings have always felt "tight". I am not sure if this is characteristic of Epiphone guitars or it needs to be adjusted. It may be that the action just needs to be lowered. It also had minor blemishes in the finish when I got it. I didn't really care about them though.

The features this guitar contains satisfy me greatly. It has a very beautiful "Vintage sunburst" finish. Standard Dreadnought shape with standard hardware. Epiphone does not use the greatest tuners. Mine are crap, which is one of my complaints. My only other complaint with the features is with the electronics. The preamp and pickup sound great and are very good (I think it sounds better plugged in - but thats me). The problem is, that somehow after about 8 months of use the preamp got messed up and now drains battery all the time. I am not sure what happened because it worked fine before. It may be something wrong with the XLR output that it has I don't know.