PR-400 Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 11/07/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
This is a steel-string, acoustic concert-sized guitar. It has a stripe rosettte bound body with a laminate spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck, rosewood fingerboard, and chrome tuners.
 7.3
 6.8
 7.8
 2,972
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
PR-400 Reviewed by: The monster, on november 07, 2005

Purchased from: MORmusic

Features: This guitar is actualy my mom's guitar and she got it when she was 14 so, it is 16 years old. It has quite a large body, fat but very light, it has 20 frets and is very dusty, tuners are Gotoh and non-locking. It is quite hard to see the frets but I never really look at them anymore. // 7

Sound: It has that classic, old, loud sound it is really good for that classic sound if you like bands such as The Eagles and so on, It is quite hard to make it actualy play the note you want it to sometimes, but thats probualy me or the strings. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: It has been made very well I have to say and has all the finishing touches, smoothed, fitted and ready to go. It did come with some bad things to it but like the tuning pegs get really move sometimes but thats just ageing I guess. Other wise it is very well made and a very good looking guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It is quite fragile I have to say because of its age the wood has becoe quite weak, the hardware has lasted well so far for 16 years. Strings have to be replaced every so often but that only natural is'nt it. I would be very hournered to use this guitar in a gig as it is very good. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall it is a very good guitar as Epiphone are made by Gibson (well mine was because it says so inside the guitar). It really offers that classic Epiphone sound for good quallity music. I do tend to play nu-meatl or rock music but it really hits the spot when I fancy a bit of acuostic jamin'! Overall I think it is as good as any other acuostic around, maybe better than some? A very god guitar, but I'm not sure if it is made anymore? // 7

Comments