American Legacy review by Esteban

Esteban: American Legacy

Purchased from: HSN

I am a begining guitar player. To my ear the guitar has good sound. To compare, I went to the Guitar Center and played much more expensive Martin and Gibson Acoustic/electrics and the Estaban seemed very similar. The pickup is supposed to be a Fishman but the equalizer says Opus IV. After a Google search the EQ appears to be a Belcat Opus IV 3 band.

I wanted the guitar to learn to play. I like Folk, Country, and Classical. I really enjoy playing this guitar and for the money would by it again. Some adjustment of the guitar would be a good idea but out of the box it plays very well. I like the guitar, now if only I could play half as well as Esteban.

If I were accomplished enough to be playing Live for money, I am sure I would buy a better guitar. Initally though, the guitar hardware seems well built and for my use it should last a good long time. Strap button is solidly attached to the guitar, and is shaped so that the strap stays securely attached. The finish is beautiful, time will tell how long it will last.

The guitar is beautiful. The finish is perfect and the inlay appears well fitted. Set-up seems good, but I think the action could be better, in fact the papers that came with the package indicated that the guitar should be adjusted by a guitar tech for ones personal preference. I have only used the amp a few times and it works fine. I tune the guitar every time I play and it always takes a little tweaking but you could just pick it up and play if you wanted.

American Legacy Turquoise limited edition acoustic/electric. Package included a 10 watt amp w/ overdrive, 10 ft cable, hardsided faux leather case, 5 instructional DVD's, guitar strap, case strap, extra set strings, picks, and allen key. The dreadnought sytle guitar has a spruce top, Catalapa wood sides, back and neck, plus rosewood fingerboard. The turquoise-look inlay around the soundhole and framing a mother-of-pearl inlay of the US on the back adds a luxurious look to this instrument. A built-in pre-amp with equalization, Fishman pickup and 1/4" output jack let you plug into any acoustic/electric guitar amplifier or PA system. Esteban's 10-watt amplifier, featuring volume, treble, bass and overdrive controls projects customizable sounds with authority.

boxingrob
    I just bought my entire set-up off a local crackhead for $50. WHAT A DEAL!!!!! ESTEBAN RULES!!!! Rob G LI NY.....
    Chevelle454
    did you read the fine print at the estban website? Disclaimer: The following testimonials have been selected from those submitted for their promotional, educational and inspirational value. Authors of all submissions have been confirmed by email. The reviews (and replies) appearing here are not presented as an "open" weblog, but rather a sampling of reviews that have been selected for presentation on this site. Submitting a review does not necessarily mean it will appear here.
    Vin2254
    ok, there is more than one esteban acoustic. one of them is fairly expensive and sounds good. the other one is the one here. i think thats why you guys are arguing. i have played this one and the other one and this is a peice of shat.
    GTB24
    who ever wrote the 2nd review you are completely wrong this may have a good sound but a gibson anything will have at least a ten times better sound
    x_themetalfan_x
    Esteban and his guitars shred like crippled babies. Dead ones. I mean like really dead ones, rotted and all. Still crippled though. This guitar is shit, plain and simple. The cheap version sucks complete balls, but the more expensive one is actually not that bad. There are better guitars out there for the price though.
    mfkr511
    yea i have seen the ads and the axe esteban is playing is definetly not this piece of crap. do not buy this. i found the amp that comes with this guitar in a trash can, i used it and its horrible
    scarfacesuit
    i got one of these about 5 years ago, when they first started airing them, and it was my first guitar, so i didn't know good from bad. looking back i realize how crappy it was, but i'm glad i got it in the end, because when i finally got the callouses hard enough to play on this thing and switch chords fluidly, it made me a lot better at playing. when i got my first electric guitar a while later it was a breeze to play (mind you, this was a crappy $90 johnson guitar). i can't say i would be satisfied if i got one now, but at the time, it was the best thing ever.