Deluxe Steel String Guitar Pack review by Esteban

• Reviewer's score: 2.2 Junky
Esteban: Deluxe Steel String Guitar Pack

Purchased from: Birthday Gift

The sound was very low quality. It could hold some okay sustain, but other than that it was terrible. It was hard to play, and when you hit a note it was an uphill battle to hold it down. The sound was very loud. It was the loudest Acoustic I have ever played, partly because it was very large. Way to big for a child (probably the person who's going to wind up playing it). Every note seemed to resonate loudly, but in a generally bad way. Listening to it was sort of like hearing a nice guitar through a mile and a half long sewage drainage pipe.a

I play a lot of metal of many variety's: Steve Vai, Yngwei malmsteen, Tool. This guitar is a horrible match for me.It is without a doubt the worst guitar I have ever played. I've even played a hanna montana guitar, and that was 2 or 3 times better, and it only cost $30 or $20. I've been playing for about 5 years. I asked for an electric guitar, but my father insisted I start with an acoustic. Which is why when a child wants to start playing guitar, if its not to expensive you really should get them what they want. They are much more likely not to quit (which is really what all parents worry about when it comes to their child learning the guitar) if they have a guitar that their idols play, or a similar representation ( I think Epiphone makes a model similar to a Gibson sg, but it costs $250 instead of the $1,000 price of the Real sg) but most importantly, don't just buy them something, take them to the guitar store and ask a sales accosiate for help. They are great at recomending things that are less expensive and a higher quality than whatever you usually have in mind. I hate everything about this guitar. If it were stolen I would be happy. I often considered smashing it on stage in some sort of impromptu live performance at my schools cafeteria ( the stage is in the cafeteria) so I didn't really regret giving it to my high schools music program. And that was more of a joke than a real gift.

It would never work in a live setting because it was very phickle. Often times my friends joked about how it was cursed because other guitars leaned up on a wall around it would always go right out of tune the first note you played in the Esteban guitars presence. No, this would be terrible to play lice. The tuning pegs seem to wabble and go out of place. The strap buttons are the one good thing about it. You can't depend on it because whatever way you least expect it to fail when you really need to depend on the guitar, it fails. The finish seems like it would last, but doesn't withstand dings at all.

The action was okay most of the time. Sometimes a peg would get messed up and the string would have really high action just on that one string. The wood was very poor quality. The way the strings sat on the guitar hurt your fingers to play. And I don't say just that because I was a begginner when I got it. I came back to it a few years after I started having played on Electric Ibanez guitars, and the Esteban was just aufull. My guitar teacher, who has been playing for around thirty years said it was a challenge to play the esteban. It was so terrible he said he would play it just for the challenge of how it improved his playing on other guitars. You might think that's good, but unless you are a deticated musician with many guitars to choose from, its very stiffling. The finish was low quality, but very durable.

It was made around 2003. There were 24 frets. I'm not sure if they were maple. They felt really cheap like some sort of fake wood. The body felt like pine. It probably wasn't but that's what it felt like. It had a standard Acoustic peg and nut bridge. No electronics. No picups. Standard tuners. The accesories were 2 sets of poor quality steel Acoustic strings, a case that was very thin and didn't really fit over the guitar. The case was probably the cheapest part of it.