G-200 Review

manufacturer: Esteban date: 02/15/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Esteban: G-200
A pretty basic guitar. I play most most rock and blues genres and it suits it just fine. It's just a really great guitar for beginners.
 5.8
 6.8
 4.8
 1,686
review (1) pictures (5) 1 comment vote for this gear:
G-200 Reviewed by: dakielster, on february 15, 2012

Price paid: C$ 40

Purchased from: seller on Kijiji Winnipeg (used)

Features: A pretty basic guitar. 20 frets, made in China not sure what year though. A nice laminated top that's long lasting. Dark solid brown (actually looks like Orange in bright light). Really annoying buzzing from the head stock comes up every now and then. It goes away really quickly, I guess it just needs to be played out. The hardware must need to be tightened. // 7

Sound: It sounds really good, nice clean, crisp, sound like all other acoustics. It sounds just a tiny bit softer than most though and really dark on the 6th string. It sounds good unless there is that annoying buzzing I mentioned earlier other-wise, It'll Drive you nuts but it will go away in the next minute or so (Again, I just need to tighten the hardware). // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was just a little too high for most people's taste but it plays just fine for me. The finish still looks as great as it did when it was first made. When I got this guitar there was a chip in the finish somewhere on the neck but remember, I got this guitar used. The tuning system looked pretty cheap. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I don't think you should play this live. It has that tendency to start buzzing on the most random times once in awhile. I never dropped it but I have accidentally hit against something several times (I'm pretty clumsy when it comes to handling stuff) and it has never dented or chipped. // 6

Overall Impression: I play most most rock and blues genres and it suits it just fine. It's just a really great guitar for beginners. If it were lost or stolen I would be really depressed, it holds a lot of sentimental value (it's my first guitar). For my first guitar I couldn't have been happier (I just wish it wouldn't make that buzzing noise anymore). // 7

Comments