Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series review by Esteban

• Reviewer's score: 4.2 Poor
Esteban: Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series

Purchased from: HSN

It has an noisy sound it is good for country or Folk music. It doesn't have much variety of sound I can change the tone to make it sound deeper or higher with the sound box on the side of the guitar but that's about it really and its and acoustic electric so you can plug it into the amp for a gig but on its own its loud enough I never really need to plug it into the amp.

I play acoustic/folk and indie/alternative music. I've been playing guitar for 3 years. No I would not buy this guitar again it was the first guitar I bought and I bought it cause it had all the stuff you need to get started. I don't love the guitar but I don't really hate it either. I wish it was made better its made with cheap materials I really bought it cause it looks like and old 50's acoustic and I love the black and white finish.

No I would not use this guitar for a gig since I can't keep a strap on it without it coming off and the finish started coming off the neck after a year of playing it and the hardware is cheap I don't see that lasting for years to come and the guitar scratches easy so its not a good guitar to bring on the road.

It had 2 loose tuning pegs I had to fix and the finish is cheap looking the finish on the neck of the guitar chips and comes off after a while of playing it and the finish has bubbles in it like the sawdust got into the paint or something when they stained it.

I bought the Esteban Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series 33-piece Set. 2009 Vintage Legacy cutaway style guitar it came with: Nylon hardsided guitar case; 10-watt amplifier; 9' amplifier cord; Chord chart; Black case strap. It was made in China even though he says all his guitars are made in the USA. Front is made of spruce wood; sides and back are catalpa wood headstock, fingerboard and saddle are maple wood. Steel strings, 20 frets, black finish with ivory neck and headstock. It's also and acoustic/electric it has a treble, bass and overdrive volume controls on the side of guitar so you can change the sound when you plug it into amp and the amp has the same thing.

COREYTAYLOR721
    so it has a decent eq? funny stuff made in the usa what a liar. i honestly wouldn't take this if someone payed me to just sayin'
    RabidPikachu
    I had an Esteban once. Got it for free actually. It was the worse guitar I've ever played. Great for firewood though...
    seniag
    i had an Esteban electric...i took it apart and used it for spare parts, liked the neck pickup and used the input to repair another guitar in an emergency. other than that, it sucked
    metalchris87
    Oh esteban, theres a reason you never get mentioned in respectable guitar magazines.. This guitar is one of them.
    SlyfamRock
    I just recently bought one and I have 5 other guitars including Fenders , Sierra, and Honer. This Esteban model I bought sounds fantastic, especially for finger picking. I love it and have not picked up any of my others since I got this one a few weeks ago.
    BillyRamone
    sparkeyjames
    BillyRamone wrote: Oh my I must have an Esteban custom series guitar! Bwahaha. Seriously, why review this?
    For the LULZ why else?