Venus Eclipse review by Faith

Faith: Venus Eclipse

Purchased from: James Music Camarthen

This guitar has a very full sound to it, and very warm. I don't have an amp for it but I have used it with a Fender Frontman 212r, sounds very good untill you get buzzing. The shadow thingy definately makes it a more versitile guitar, you can get a very twangy sound if that's your cup of tea or a bassy rumble.

My imperession of this guitar is that it's amazing for the price. A proper good guitar, it has soul as far as I'm concerned. It plays great and the finish is superb. Even if you didn't play it it would make a great bit of ART to stick on the wall, but that would be a shame. The extras also make this a great buy. The setup of it is great. The only thing that lests this guitar down is the buzzing. It may be feed back but if it is it is EXTREME and something I think is wrong, if there is it will be the second faulty guitar I've bought in the same year that is why I've given it an 8 unfortunately, otherwise it would be 10's all the way through...

This guitar would last I expect. The guitar would definately withstand live playing, just take a few spare batteries in case they need replacing (preamp). To be honest I wouldn't take just one guitar to a gig I would always have a backup (obliously only if I can afford). But I'm sure this would get you through a gig. I'm not sure on the finish, I've only had it a few days.

This guitar was properly set up, It has a label to prove it. This guitar is flawless honestly, the only problem is the buzzing, the exlir strings whcich came with it make it that much better to play. Of ocurse it didn't come tuned. I'm really gutted about the buzing and popping though.

Okay this guitar was made in Indonesia. It has 20 frets and on the 12th fret there is an F, however there are dots along the edge. The fretboard is Macassar ebony. The neck is Indonesian Mahogany and is finished in satin. The top wood is solid Engelmann Spruce finishwed in black lacquer while the sides and back are laminated Indonesian Mahogany. There are grover tuners fitted. The bridge is ebony with ebony pins slotted in. The guitar LOOKS as good as it plays, it is amazing but a bugger to keep clean. It has a two way trussrod also. There is a built in tuner/preamp since this is an electro-accoustic. The tuner is pretty accurate and the shadow t-pro is brilliant, its got basss, mid, treble and balance, this works great with the NanoFlex pickups also by shadow. The only thing is with my guitar if I play very strongly a buzzing and extreme popping comes from the amp, I'm not sure if a) there is something wrong/loose inside b) my electric guitar amp dosent like the guitar c) I'm getting feedback. The guitar comes with a deluxe hardcase wich is great, I'm not sure if its as strong as my Fender case but it would take a few knocks I expect... Not going to try though XD. Another thing about the case is that it only has 3 clips which seems a bit risky but I'm not sure. All in all this guitar is great, comes with loads of stuff and sounds amazing. I've given it a nice because of the buzzing, allthough that might be because of human error.

darkhorizon
    Bought one of these myself it is a really good guitar for the money. Solid wood and a nice hard case as well for the price. Sounds good plugged or unplugged.