CD-100CE review by Fender

Fender: CD-100CE

Purchased from: Jimmy's Music

I like to finger pick, and it suits me fine. Though it sounds great with a pick, and obviously, louder. As it is an acoustic, I do not use and amp. Though I do plan on some form of microphone playing. Full range of sound for an acoustic. Very crisp, clean sound.

I like the traditional Irish DADGAD tuning, and it works well in this tuning. I have not been playing very long at all, so I have a long way to go. Especially for the 9/8 time signature! I would definitely recommend this to a friend. As I am a lefty, I did not have much of anything else to choose from, so this was an easy choice for me to make.

As it is a simple acoustic, I do not foresee me taking it to any gigs. It is mostly an "at home" guitar. I have been told that this guitar will last me for a long time. I do not play it like I am in a heavy metal band, so I can see it lasting me for a really long time. The body, and over-all make-up of this guitar seems like it will last me until I am an old man.

I am not very experienced in gauging overall quality. But it sounds great to me. Off the shelf it was pretty much in tune. But that was probably due to the shop owner. Off the shelf it was in perfect playing condition, aside from a little minor tuning that was needed.

- Model Name: CD100 LH (Left Handed) - Body Style: dreadnought (Left-Handed) - Color: Natural Finish Satin, (Polyurethane) - Top: Laminated Spruce - Back and Sides: Laminated Mahogany - Neck: Nato Fingerboard Rosewood - No. of Frets: 20 - Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle - Machine Heads: Chrome, (Die-Cast) - Scale Length: 25.3" (643mm) - Body Depth: 3.94" (100) to 4.92" (152mm) - Width at Heel: 2.24" (57mm) - Dot Position Inlays - Introduced: 1/2006

Holywars29
    That much in the 250$ price range dumbass
    UncleDarren
    I have been playing on a CD 100CE, and although I own several guitars, I play my Fender every day (it's name is Jables, and it's in my lap as I type this). Its my "main" guitar--I have dropped it, fallen on it, and beat the hell out of this gitbox, and it just keeps sounding better against a lot of play and handling. I would recommend this guitar to any new players; at first it was tough to keep it in tune, but now I rarely need to adjust. True, it's not a "PRO" instrument, but it is an amateur's best friend.
    Josh D.
    Holywars29 wrote: omidmash wrote: 10/10/10/8/9 for a 250$ guitar? Why don't I see that happening in real life? That much in the 250$ price range dumbass
    That was my intention, obviously comparing it to another one would garner it a much lower rating by comparison. Otherwise, thanks for the comments.
    Matt Bridges
    I also own a one of these fine acoustics in black, and i love it. plays great, sounds great, 5 year warranty, and its a fender so you know its good. Thanks for the great review!
    guitarbroha
    For a Fender Acoustic this model plays well after being set up. Thanks for the review.
    shosh-jort
    I've been using this guitar for 6 months for busking, and it is probably the best value guitar I've ever used, I got it for a mere £145 brand new, and it plays like a guitar far above it's price range. Reasonable action, lightweight, crisp sound, very very durable. It's very simple and not anything too fancy but it sounds great and overall it's just a great guitar. I occasionally have trouble keeping it in tune however this is more caused by the fact that I carry it in a gig bag rather than a normal guitar case, and walk with it on my back very often.
    Muzak
    I own one of these and was interested to see what people thought about them. For the price range, i think it's a really good guitar. The pickup is a little noisy and starting to get fuzz issues with mine but for the price, it's worth it. had an epiphone in the same price range that didn't play anywhere near as nicely. agree that you need to set it up; the action is pretty high and not very comfortable (good if you like high action/slide guitar)
    anttio
    Is your guitar the basic dreadnought model or the one with the cutaway? Can anyone tell me that is there a big difference in the sounds?
    skhwoody
    I got this as my second guitar, it is as light as a feather, the neck is not as chunky as the Takamine i play and as an eager amateur the guitar is great. I got it mainly to try some fingerpicking and some barr chords i am struggling with on the takamine. I would recommend this to someone wanting to learn, or wanting a second guitar to play around with.
    omidmash
    10/10/10/8/9 for a 250$ guitar? Why don't I see that happening in real life?