CD-110E review by Fender

Fender: CD-110E

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

Its great for an acoustic that costs only 250. It's obviously not a Martin but you still get a really nice warm sound from it. When I plug it in, I run it through a Marshall MG15DFX. With reverb or chorus from the amp really awesome sounds can be made. The guitar is pretty loud without being plugged in, I've played on an Epiphone aj-1 and a 12 string Martin and I'd say its a little less warm and loud as the Martin, but its incredible for the price.

This guitar is perfect for my acoustic songs. While I can't play speed metal or hard rock on it obviously, it still lets me have a lot of fun. I would definitely buy it again but I'd probably buy a new electric first because my Ibanez is kind of crappy. I definitely recommend it

The guitar will definitely stand, the battery casing on the electronics however, feels somewhat week. It doesn't have any strap buttons which I was kind of upset about. The finish isn't going to wear away, but it will get nicks and smudges with extreme ease due to the fact that it's a black mirror top.

The factory set up was amazing, I haven't had to do anything with it. The action was perfect, I had previously been playing on an electric for over a year and the action of the acoustic was not to hard a transition. Finish was flawless... however, if you are obsessed with keeping it clean the black mirror finish shows fingerprints and dust like crazy. It looks amazing though.

• Body depth: 3.94" (100mm) to 4.92" (125mm)
  • Top: laminated spruce
  • Back and Sides: Laminated nato
  • Neck: nato
  • Fingerboard: rosewood
  • Scale Length: 25.3" (643mm)
  • No. Of Frets: 20
  • Width at nut: 1.69" (43mm)
  • Width at heel: 2.24" (57mm)
  • Machine heads: chrome, (die-cast)
  • Bridge: Rosewood with compensated saddle
  • Electronics: Fender/Fishman Classic 4TM Active On-Board Preamp with volume, bass, mid, treble and Body (mid-sweep) controls.
  • Low battery indicator light
  • Finish: Gloss, (polyurethane)
  • Colors: black
  • Dot position inlays
  • Its got some really nice stuff... I love that it can be plugged in. I run it through a Marshall MG15DFX

cuscatleco
      Hi, nice review! but i have a question: can you tune your guitar using the built-in tuner when the guitar is plugged to an amp? i'm asking this strange question because i recently got one but the tuner won't tune when the guitar is plugged in. Thanks
      cuscatleco
      hi, nice review! but i have a question: can you tune your guitar using the built-in tuner when the guitar is plugged to the amp? i'm asking this strange question because i recently got one but the tuner won't tune when it is plugged in. Thanks
      endless-an
      i have 3 of theses and they are totally awesome but my low 2 string always makes a buzz, i tried changing stings but it still makes a sound what can i do to prevent this from happening?
      Thrash_fire666
      okay im replying to both of you guys first. most pedals have a built in chromatic tuner so it makes more sense to use that second. there should be an allen key just inside your echo hole where the neck attaches to the body try some minor adjustments there if it doesn't approve take it in to get the neck re-adjusted, its probably a lil twisted.