CD-110E review by Fender

Fender: CD-110E

Purchased from: Argos

I really like the guitars sound and style, its got some sweet sound that I just love, its suit me as a guitarist and a songwriter perfectly, great for writing romantic ballads, wrot eon just this morning. The sound is either sad or dramatic, its nto really a happy jolly, lets go and have a jig over here, type of guitar. I'm currently not using an amp or an effect with it, mainly because even acoustic its loud enough to here for some disance. I played it to a 19ft x 8ft room of people and they heard it fine. Its a very loud guitar, so you might not even have to buy an amp with it if your just playing hobby, but yeah if your gonna go and do a gig get an amp, about a hundred alcohol inspired people aren't gonna be quiet. The guitar is basicaly for songs like 'Walls' by Tom Petty and 'Blaze of Glory' By Bon Jovi. Its got a dramatic sound, so variety isn't its middle name.

This guitar doesn't really fit a hard rockers personality, but if your a band member and you wanna reach a whole new audience 'Especially the female kind', then I would recommend sitting down with this guitar, free playing, and writing some love song acoustic tracks. I used to ony play an electric Westfield, but I prefer this for now, I think they'll be even favourites when the fact that its new wears off. I love this product, I never asked any questions about it, and it hasn't questioned my patience at all yet. I would buy this guitar again, and probably will have to in about five years. I love the whole guitar. I hate nothing about it. My favourie feature? The sound, its so unique, I love it, and as a singer as wel, you really can just play with chords and learn how they coem together sounding loose or tight with it. I only ever wanted this electro-acoustic. Its a Fender, so its already a good make, and it looks cool, so its fine by me. I wish it had golden strings and better strap pieces, but sadly this is the real world. Checkin' out, Matt Travis

I know this guitar can withstand live p-laying because I've played it live, sounds great, but due to the gauge of string I wouldn't want to play it at an acoustic only gig cause it really cuts the end of your fingers up. I'm still in pain from playing a four song acoustic relay, my fingers still in pain as I type right now. The strap buttons are great, the only trouble is, is that the strap is only held on buy the force of gravity, so don't go getting cocky with it otherwise it'll fall of the strap onto the, you might damage it, or worse, look like an idiot infront of the audience. Not that this happened to me or anything. I would use it at a gig without a back-up. In fact I have. I think the guitar will have a long life span and it will be at least five years of hard playing before the finish has faded away.

When I got the guitar, one of the strings nearly broke on tuning and they son't give you any spares. The fact that they left the strings out of tune from the factory sickens me, to the bone. I hate it when companys deliberatly leave strings loose so on tuning they'll brake and you'll hav eot buy sme new ones. The pick-ups where set up great, no problems there. Everything about the guitar aside from the strings was perfection.

I have absolutely no idea hat year this guitar was made, but the logical assumption would be that it was this year as the guitar is still in production. Made god knows where, probably China, the 20 fret, medum width neck and black narnished body offer a highly pleaurable outlook, and in honesty to present the guitars true character. The laminated top leaves for ease of both transportation and guitar hygiene, but makes basic maintainance a much harder job. The fact that its made from rosewood is also a bonus, the only upsetting thing that the finsih is not truely characterised and is projectile of a plainess no guitar should have. So I moded it and out flames over the upper side of the strings to make it look cool. Without saying its obvious that the body is a dreadnaught body, and as its a Fender, it has that traditional bridge that we all know and love. The electronics are brilliant, an inbuilt tuner that always gets the right sound. Its passive of course until you push the on button. You can choose four settings on the guitar itself, Volume, Middle, Bass and Treble. However, the commands of which affect its play when playing it like an electric I do not recommend touching, as like most acoutic guitars, electric it sounds poor. The Vintage noiseess pick-ups make for great play in which even if you make a mistake the pick-ups save the day if you know how to use the way they pick-up sound. I don't actually know who makes the tuner, but as its built in I'm guessing its probably Fender. There were no acceseries with it, but its hard to complain. The guitars structue, SIMPLY ROCKS!