CD-140SCE review by Fender

Fender: CD-140SCE

I play folky, bluesy, alternative unplugged material and it suits me and and this type of music just fine. It has a lovely rich, full sound with long sustainability, meaning the notes just ring out forever. I sometimes plug it in to a generic 10 w (drive is the name) practice amp and to keep the acoustic sound I have the gain turned down. It does not make any horrible noises, and is brilliant for both open and barre chords. It is also great for lead though this is not its strongest attribute, nor mine for that matter!

As I stated above, I play folky acoustic alternative type music and my guitar is well suited to me. I have been playing off and on for 12 years, more off than on but for the few months since I have had this guitar I haven't missed a day of playing. I was looking for this style of guitar when I purchased it, which is why it is so suited to me, and I am sure any one else playing acoustic guitar would also like it. I picked this one over all the others in my price range at the shop as it was the one that appealed to me the most. If it was stolen or lost I would get a similar type of guitar. I have only ever owned acoustic guitars and these are the guitars I love to play. I love the finish on my guitar and the fact that it's a Fender (my first) and I love the beautiful sounds I can get out of it and it gets out of me. I do wish I had a hard case for it as it came with a bag and I wouldn't mind a nice acoustic amp to go with it as well.

I think it would stand up well on stage as it holds its tune forever, unless string bending, and on the whole I consider it a fantastic rhythm guitar all round. My Fender strap stays on fine, the finish seems solid with no obvious wear and tear and I love playing my Fender!

It came set up perfectly for my style of guitaring, but one may want to lower the action a little for string bending and lead work in general. There are no flaws that I can detect, everything looks, sounds and performs perfectly. it has great action, fit and finish.

I bought this guitar in September of 2007. It was released on 1/2006 and was made in China. It is part of the classic design series and is a single cutaway Fender style dreadnought acoustic/electric. It has 20 frets, all of which are easily accesible, and has 14 frets clear of the body. It has a solid Spruce top with mahogony back and sides, with a gloss finish on the body and a satin finish on the neck with a rosewood finger board. Ithas a Fender/Fishman classic 4T active on-board preamp with integrated electronic tuner, volume, bass, mid, treble and mid-sweep range controls. It also has die-cast tuners.

peever
    decent guitar. worth about twice the selling price. they play and sound excellent for a cheap acoustic
    cygnus2112
    I just bought this guitar, and I don't think I'll ever own another acoustic. I find the high action it had when i got it provided a challenge. It actually helped me become a better player
    mikopacia
    hi people! Can anyone help me how i can order the Fender CD-140SCE online and have it shipped here to Manila, Philippines? Thank you in advance for the assistance :
    ZeroChan
    I just got this for my birthday and it's been awesome so far. The strap positioning is like a SG though, It will wobble and wobble if your not holding the neck. Other than that, it's good.
    hippie_guy
    i have the acoustic version, without a pickup, and its AWESOME !!! the finish is great, the sound is awesome, it's solid like a rock
    aradine
    i bought one a couple of months ago for $500aus and it came with a fender hardcase, and bloody hell it is one of the best acoustics i have ever played (better than most low/mid level taylors)
    SkateEmerica987
    Just ordered this today! I hope it sounds good, its my first acoustic. i figured after playing electric for 3 years i might as well try some different styles.
    musicalgirl
    It has been a couple of months since I wrote this review and I still have not had any problems with it though the strap wore out and started falling off so I got another one....It was an old strap that was hanging round the house any way and the guitar had nothing to do with the strap falling off..no prob with the new strap!
    zman@home
    Yes MG, i agree with you ntotally, it is a beautiful guitar, that compares easilly to more expensive examples. And i too love the long sustain your fender posesses, that's why i borrow yr guitar for recording rhythm tracks. Top review and i found it most helpful!
    musicalgirl
    Cheers everybody for all the positive feedback on my first review! I didn't think any one would even read it let alone rate it so highly..Thanks again..MG...If only I had something else to write about!
    aig91
    What a great review! Nice job MG That is such a beautiful guitar too. Wish I had one...
    LedDaveZeppelin
    Beautiful review. And on the Home page! You def. made me wanna go get this Fender. Great rewiew...i think you should definatly do more.
    sebastianyukio
    hey ]\/[R. EM0 the guitar ( i just looked it up) costs about 225 in germany ( cause i live here).....i think in the US you would pay about 200 dollars...
    ]\/[R. EM0
    I have a Gibson SG, and i've really been wanting a nice acoustic guitar (the acoustic guitar i have right now is a piece of crap-for-crap), and i think this is the one, but i have one problem, how much does it cost?
    petrucci_owns86
    hey great review MG! im happy to see you taking an interest in reviewing. this is a good first contribution to the site. im not sure how to rate your review, but i'll be sure to when i figure it out. cheers