CD-60 review by Fender

Fender: CD-60

As everyone knows an acoustic sounds better with age. But for a brand new guitar it sounds amazing. The only thing I don't like, is that when you bend a string it doesn't change pitch like I'd like it to, but who cares. I play a lot of metal but I bought this guitar for sitting around a camp fire. I've learned a lot of clapton unplugged and neil young unplugged and it sound just as good.

I've been playing for 2 and a half years now completly self taught. I got my first guitar and modded the hell out of it. My next guitar I built from scratch and then I wanted an acoustic, and here it is the CD-60. If it got stolen I'd buy another one because the price is great but I'd still wanna find the guy that stole it and kick his ass. I love everything about the guitar I cant really complain unless I nit pick. I compared it to the Epiphone AJ-100. I choose this one because it sounded better and had way better action.

I've played it a few times with some friends and it holds up well. I've smacked it a few time off a wall of a chair but no dents to the finish suprisingly. I can't say I'd play a gig with it unless I went out and bought a pickup for it but other wise it's great.

The action was amazing, very low which I like, there was some fret polish left on the 17-20 frets but it easily came off. The inside of the guitar looks flawless, it would have been nice if it had 2 strap pins but I'm just nit picking. The top looks awesome perfectly matched.

Made in 2006 in china. 20 frets, 25.5" scale, nato neck, with sonokeling fingerboard and bridge (looks like rosewood). Manual specs say that it has laminated mahogany sides and back with a laminated spruce top, but mine has a solid spruce top and I can't really tell is the sides and back are but they look solid. It has a natural gloss finish. Sealed Die-Cast tuners. 3-ply binding on body top (b/w/b). And black binding on the neck and body back. Mulit-layer rosette. Black end pins with white dot. Black pickguard. White dot inlays and gold silk-screend Fender logo on head stock. For the price it's very good.

·razorblade·
    sounds like an awsome guitar, and the pic looks great, it sounds alot simler to my saturn, (which is about 50 years old :|. ) and im only 14,