CD-60 review by Fender

Fender: CD-60

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop (Dave Phillips Allentown PA)

The first thing that drew me to this guitar was it's unique sound. I was looking for a cheap guitar and picked this guitar up randomly, but was impressed with how it sounded compared to other's of it's price range. This guitar sounds great for strumming and great for lead playing, and the pickups come through surprisingly nice. The only thing I've been dissapointed with is that fingerpicking doesn't come through as much as I would like. I've played a show already with this guitar plugged into a PA system, and it came across very clean and the quality of the sound was surprising for the price of the guitar. Just a note, replacing the stock strings with Martin, D'Adario or whatever brand you prefer should bring out the tone of this guitar more as well.

I am very impressed with this guitar. It's cheap, looks great (I've seen sunburst and black), and plays great. I wasn't sure because of the price, and the fact that it was made in China made me a little skeptical, but after a couple of months of playing, I think this guitar is worth every penny. I myself am a rock/blues player, and the guitar has worked very well for my style. If you are looking for an Acoustic on a budget, go for this guitar.

I have played this guitar live and tested it, and it has traveled in the case and withstood just a couple of months of travel and play. This is a section better left completed after about a year of playing or more. This guitar seems like one I'll be playing for years to come though.

The action I did have to play with by adjusting the trust rod in the neck, and at first there was a bit of fret buzz on the low E and A strings. After playing with the action the guitar feels and sounds great. Finish looks great, mine is a sunburst, no defects in that department. All the parts seem well made and put together.

This guitar was made in 2006 in China. It has 20 frets all of decent or medium size I have come to expect from Fender guitars. This guitar includes the same specs as disposed_hero's review, except that my guitar comes with built in electronics. I'm not sure who makes the pickup, on the bottom of the guitar I have a tone and volume nob. I got a nice deal on this guitar that included a free case which is pretty decent quality, I don't think that is neccesarily standard though.

El Norte
    The things you wrote sound pretty good to me! And I now am completely convinced of buying a CD-60. It will be my first Guitar, but after having heard that it is that good I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Can't wait playing it!
    Tact1cal
    I bought one a few weeks ago and have no complaints whatsoever! First off, I got the sunburst finish, which is beautiful. Second of all, it sounds great! Third, the craftsmanship put into the guitar itself is second to none. 100% worth buying, no cons, and an excellent guitar for beginners to advanced players.
    MarcoGE
    Is there really a hardshell case included? It would be incredible for a 150$ guitar... Mistake?
    Wild_Rose
    the Fender website says that they give the hardshell case only in US and Canada. I bought the CD-60 today and is fantastic!
    DWBH
    this guitar came to substitute another model. can you tell me which model was dicontinued?