CD-60 review by Fender

Fender: CD-60

Purchased from: Guitar And Amp

The guitar is great for my beginner-style playing. It tunes from standard to drop d and back easily and tends to stay in tune after the initial re-tuning that almost always occurs after you put new strings on. The guitar plays very clear, crisp notes and sounds like a top-notch guitar.

A great buy for my second guitar. Fender definitely made a top-notch, quality product. I would suggest it to anyone looking to buy a good guitar at a decent price. Even though I wish I had saved my money to get an acoustic electric guitar, the strong and clear sound the resonates from this people of music-making art puts any feeling of regretful purchasing to bed.

I've only had it for 4 months, so it has held up extremely well thus far. I have yet to put it to the test of Live playing, but I think that it would be a viable option as a Live performance. I play on it at least a two if not three hours a day, so in my opinion I think it would be a dependable guitar. The finish is beautiful and has been applied very well. Other then marks that I put on it above the sound hole, opposite of the pick guard, there have been no other blemishes.

This guitar brings to mind the first car I got when I first started driving, as even though I am still learning on it it performs with excellence every time I start. Other than a buzzing that occurred from the 6th string on the 5th fret, which was fixed for free from the place I purchased it from, there have been no other defects.

Made in the USA sometime between 2006 (as it was introduced on January, 2006) and the time I bought it. The body consists of a laminated spruce top, the back and sides are made of laminated mahogany, it is shaped in the dreadnought-style, and is the sunburst-colored model with a polyurethane gloss finish. As for the neck, it has a Sonokeling bridge with a compensated Urea saddle, made of Nato. The fret specifications consist of a 25.3" scale, consisting of 20 frets, with a Sonokeling fretboard (which I can only assume is rosewood, because of it's dark color), the tuners are Die-Cast chrome and are non-locking. Although it apparently comes with a black hard-case, mine did not.

Wild_Rose
    Here's a cool video on how to change strings
    But I'd also like to know which strings go best with this guitar
    Jyscal
    one hell of a guitar... really impressed by its sound and looks (i got the black one) i just wanna ask what strings go best with it and if there is some review to help me manually change the strings my self
    SurfPunk
    I just bought a black one yesterday and I'm very impressed! Nice sound and for the price I paid ($190 with case) I felt like I stole it.