CD-60 review by Fender

Fender: CD-60

Price paid: € 140

Purchased from: STOLLAS A.E Music Store

This is my second guitar, and even with the factory strings (gauges.012 to.53) it sounds great! It suits almost all the styles, especially alternative/rock and ballads! I was playing with the factory strings for 4 months and now I've put a new set of GHS and the sound is a bit different, but still good.

I'm very pleased with this guitar, I just started playing guitar before Christmas '07 after almost 7 years of no play and it's confy, well made, all the features are matching perfectly together and I'm sure that it's gonna last. I suggest this guitar to everyone from amateurs to professionals, because for the money you are paying, it is equal to other guitars Who are worth a lot more! I'm not sure about using it a gig, because my guitar knowledge is not that good, but I believe that it won't let you down if you do it.

I've been playing with this guitar for almost 6 months, and it doesn't have a single bump on it, although it may hit the wall a couple of times:p It has only 1 strap button (as most acoustics have) and it's a nice silver one Who gives some flash on the beautiful wood of the body. Because it has a gloss finish, I have to wipe it quite often, because it has many fingertips, but even without doing it the Shine is still there.

This guitar is very well adjusted, my only problem was the action was a bit too high for me, so the guys from the store I bought it adjusted just a little bit the truss rod and now the action is very comfortable to play with. I also had a small buzz on 3rd or 4th fret everytime I was pressing the light strings (B and E) but after the truss rod was adjusted, it disappeared! The keys and the bridge are very stable too.

The guitar was introduced in 2006 and it's made in China and is part of the Classic Design Series. The body is dreadnought and the finish is a beautiful gloss type which shows off the sunburst color of it. It has nato neck and a laminated spruce top, which makes it really comfortable for almost everyone to hold. The fingerboard and the bridge is sonokeling and the last is with urea compensated saddle.

malteser66
    I just bought one as my second guitar, had the action lowered with a lowered precision made compensated bone saddle as factory action was incredibly high and also changed strings to D`Addario Extra Light.This made a world of difference both in playing ease and sound is now much,much,much better. -AL-
    robl95
    i have the electric acoustic version with a cut away. and its black, making it a CD60CE BK, its amazing