CD-60 review by Fender

Fender: CD-60

Purchased from: gear4music.com

I play mainly punk/rock music and this guitar suits both genres to the maximum! Songs like Green Day's "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" sound so beautiful even when being played by me as an amateur! As this guitar has aged, the sound quality has improved dramatically, as acoustics do, yet, my only problem was when I bought the guitar, the strings fitted weren't suited to bending as I am used to, but, with one change of strings with new gauges, the problem was solved.

I punk/rock but mainly punk and this guitar suits songs by bands such as Sum 41 and Green Day. My other Acoustic guitars are a Starsun electro-acoustic and an Epiphone EJ-200 but I still use my good old Fender for gigging. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy another one and I strongly recommend that any beginner wanting to learn the Acoustic guitar bus one of these models, trust me, they won't let you down!

Like I said, I have used this guitar for small Acoustic gigs and in fairness it has taken a few knocks, but, apart from a few scratches, there are no cracks or dents in the bodywork. I never have used a backup with this guitar and never have I needed to. Gigging with this guitar is no problem as it holds it's tuning very well even when in D standard or Drop C. I have been using this guitar in gigs for just over a year and there are no marks where my arm swings over the body or where my hand is frequently placed on the neck. The finish appears to be durable and able to withstand years of vigorous playing.

As far as the appearance of this guitar goes, when un-boxed there were no scratches or nicks in the paintwork. The nut had no dried glue around it, there were no splinters on the fretboard and the hardware was rust free and shining in the light of my bedroom lamp. The wood, as far as I can tell, is top quality and no problems have been encountered in this are.

Ok, so this was the first Acoustic guitar that I bought and to be honest, it was perfect for my needs as a beginner guitarist. The model that I have was produced in China in 2006 and has laminated sides and back (Mahogany) and laminated top (spruce). In black, the guitar looks ready to perform to even the most advanced guitarists needs, fully equipped with a sonokelling neck and bridge and classic glossed finish. I have now been playing for around two years and even though this is a basic guitar, I still use it for small Acoustic gigs. When you order it from gear4music.com you get a free Fender guitar strap, chromatic tuner and a pack of strings. At such a cheap price, this is a must for beginners!

RipperSB
    I bought mine just over 3 weeks ago, paid $229 CAD and that included a very good quality hard case. An excellent guitar with a fantastic sound and zero problems... thing plays like a dream.
    GlebDa
    Why did you choose cd 60 ce? Is it a good acoustic electric guitar? In fact, I was interested in [url="http://www.fendercd60.com "]fender cd 60[/url] - this is the web site, that I made about this guitar model. Now I am dreaming of smth more professional:
    GlebDa
    Why did you choose cd 60 ce? Is it a good acoustic electric guitar? In fact, I was interested in fender cd 60 - this is the web site, that I made about this guitar model. Now I am dreaming of smth more professional: