CD-60 review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Fender: CD-60

Price paid: € 80

Purchased from: Used

I play blues, rockabilly and country and it fits the genre quite well at least for the price range! A little bit trebly and it can get a little bit messed up and confused tones if I play hard with a pick or fast but otherwise it handles very well!

I play manly electric guitar, have 2 Strats, 1 Tele and one Epiphone Sheraton for that but I was looking for a low budget acoustic guitar for traveling and playing on the beach without worrying too much so I guess I find the perfect match. It's a good guitar for a acoustic jam with friends and it has that classic look you can't resist. I would buy another if I got this one stolen or lost and for the price I couldn't find a better choice! Go for it you won't be disappointed!

Not to use on live performances at least without some mic going on because it's not enough loud. You would need to play hard and lose some of the good tone os it. Quality is good and I think it can last decently with a little bit of care. I wouldn't drop it on the the floor though! The finish it's not so natural but okay for this price range.

It came almost new for me, even with the original strings on it so I guess the set up is right up from the factory. It's good for me and I find it very easy to play comparing to a Taylor I had before. Kinda hard to take out the pins from the bridge as they can get damage by taking them off... (I used a tool with some rubber protection and it did well but it's a little bit dangerous). There was some oxidation on the frets but it easily came off with some cleaning product and now it looks great! The tuners were a little bit unscrewed and therefore some buzz was coming when strumming some strings but after a tighting it was just fine. Some buzz was detected on the 14 fret of the 4 string but nothing to worry about, maybe some set up made by a professional will make that issue flawless. Neck is perfect! Inside I could spot some glue out off the place but you need to peek inside the body to check that out, just not very good for eye seeing but nothing to worry about.

Mine is made around 2010 made in china, natural a big dreadnought that I was looking for for my style but without electric part. All laminated woods for the body. Did not included any case or bag so I'll be buying one for like 20 euros with 20mm foam of protection from Fender.

wjborden1ps
    I won a CD60. I personally feel, for the money, there is no better available. I own a strat. and an Yahama LL6. The CD60 has excellent fingering and playability.
    matieo64
    Hey, I'm having trouble with the case. The key to the locking mechanism just goes on turning and turning and the lock doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?
    mannymoses
    I bought this guitar in September of 2011. It came with a hard case. I've taken this on road trips and through the airport (by luggage handlers and in the overhead bin depending how full the flight is). The case has held up very well for the type of abuse it has been through. The guitar has not suffered one dent or scratch. It's not the greatest guitar BUT as a travel and/or backup guitar, it is amazing. Would definitely recommend it.
    Kav Kavanagh
    I took one of these in part exchange today. Amazing sound for a stock, low priced guitar. I sold it within 10mins...I need another one now. Its the second Chinese Fender I've owned, they've got it right it seems. Christmas is coming I'd better stock up. Forget no name budget guitars. Fender have won hands down.[/b]
    ilie_mirza
    do you know anything about the durability of the frets of this CD-60? I bought an ibanez v74 and after 2 years my frets were almost unuseble. Now i am looking for a durable guitar
    alfaalex101
    By far one of the best acoustics I've ever played. Yea there are other guitars that may be cleaner or more precise by this gives me that raspy, neil young, western, campfire sound out of it. I played a few other CD-60s and they each sound amazing. This is a very crisp guitar and a bass that really hugs you.